Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Quinn is a Copper, he could achieve HM though if you give him flaring practice.
Shiro is a VT but he's not Dragon, he's a multicolor based off of a Dalamation and an Opaque so since he has no definitive pattern he's just a multicolor :) I'd say Opaque Multicolor if you want to specify a little more though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback. Referring to "Copper" - does that refer to the colour or the tail type? As for Shiro, not sure if it makes a difference but he's very "metallic" and shiny looking - as in he looks pretty white, and when light shined on him colours show.

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Copper is the color, it's a metallic color which can look purple, green, red, blue, silver or gold depending on lighting and what their genes are. You can have a light Copper or a Black Copper.

Shiro is a Metallic but he's not a Dragonscale. Have you read my thread on what is a Dragonscale and what isn't?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh that's really cool, never heard about Copper before. As for Quinn's tail type - did you mean it was a HM or is it a SDeT?

I just Google'd and read your thread - very informative. Thanks for posting it. It's a bit annoying that she was sold a "dragon scale" Betta if it's not one - but it doesn't matter so much because she loves him anyway.

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
I can't tell if he's HM or SDeT since he's not flaring. If you get a few flaring pictures then I could help.

Yeah, I did see many "Dragonscale" betta's that aren't actually Dragonscales being listed and sold in petstores :-/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts