Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we have talked about this before but its always a fun thread and we have new members so here we go ...what are your current and past bettas name's!!
Orion
Rhet
Iago
ash
Melano
Rainbow
umi
Kitana
Melina
Manley Stanley (he was labeled as a girl at walmart when I got him at a few months old I knew he was a boy so I had to give him some man pride)

·
Registered
563 Posts
My one and only permanent (for now) betta: Link!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Past Ones:
Bug
Pearl

·
Registered
240 Posts
Leonidas, Rudis, Chewie and Buckshot (the last one was given to me last night-his fins look like they were hit with a shotgun blast and he's missing 90 percent of his tail...)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Kyon, a character from one of my favourite anime the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya. It was almost Kipei but after spending some time getting to know him I realised he was too bold for Kipei and Kyon just took.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Dante (RIP) (there were 4 Dantes as we were replacing my daughter's fish)

Leonidas - male black dragon HM w/red wash
Egil - male red dragon HM
Odin - male black dragon HM
Freydis - female black dragon HM
Lolth - female copper marble dragon HM
Eva - female black marble dragon HM
Gwynfor - male dragon PK whom I suspect to be HMPK but he only flares for about 1 sec at a time, he is blue and purple marble with white dragon scaling.

·
Registered
449 Posts
when I was little I had a fish named Misty. , Then Jasper, and my Gold fish were Prince and Mr. Fishie And now I have Benvolio :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
Heifer (he was colored like a cow)
Aelfwine
Edward the Fish (he sparkled and disliked sunlight)
Wystan (means "battle stone" and he started out aggressive)
Abel Magwitch
Padan Fain (after a fantasy character who was murderous and diseased -- Fain came to me with parasites and I have since found out that he's very eager for a fight)

·
Registered
318 Posts
It's been more than 10 years since I last kept bettas (before the ones I have) and I don't remember any names. I often had so many fish at a time that I only named a few of them.

My current ones are Jean-Luc (after Picard), Armand (my avatar, after Anne Rice's vampire) and Voltaire (18th c. French writer and philosopher). I sort of fell into the French naming thing by accident, but it seems to fit with the grace and beauty of the bettas.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Aelfwine and Wystan are from Old English. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have two:
Harold (Hal->Hal Jordan->Green Lantern)
Barold (Barry->Barry Allen->The Flash)

And they are also similar haha.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Lunch - Kittys wanted to eat him... ironically he died in a fire... >.<

Bettabettabetta - inside joke. My husband made fun of me for months about bettas before I got a new one.

Tidbit - Very fitting for a betta with no tail.

Mary Jane - My newest girl. I was sitting around with my brother last night looking at her and she is the most brilliant green.. the name seemed natural... and I will leave it at that!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Keller my avatar
Chrestomanci after a children's book magician
Cleo, who had a cleft in her tail originally, so just looked like a Cleo
Fishwishy, named after 2 lost girls, Fishy and Wishy
Swishy, well, he swishes
Corilopsy, coral colored, and lopsided b/c of a broken dorsal fin
Aiden and Arabia, 2 beautiful boys who have always been together, named for the gulf of Aiden in the Arabian sea
Imhy, a sickly petstore rescue I couldn't leave.. stands for I Must Have You
Boo, he hides and pops out like "boo!"
Sumatra
Pistachio, so colored, and was very difficult to get out of his shell
Murry, he just looks like a Murry
Cairo, looks like an Egyptian headdress with his long CT fins
Caden, a shy boy, named after a patient with similar personality

·
Registered
249 Posts
Ripple - He was my family's first betta and my parents let us name him, so my brother and I just being kids gave him a very generic name. He was a dark purple veiltail and lived for 5 years.
Shamu - I had recently taken a trip to San Diego and went to Seaworld, and I loved it. When I got back I begged my parents for another betta. He was a blue veiltail.
Piccolo - Got him when I was 15, he was my first fish that was actually mine. I bought him and all his supplies with my own money. I named him Piccolo because for some reason, that word always made me think of light blue. He had a pale, creamy colored body and light blue fins, and was a veiltail.
Galileo - My current fish. My first crowntail. I named him Galileo because of his silvery body, it reminds me of the moon.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
All of mine are in my sig- I really need to get that halfmoon a name!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts