Betta Fish Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Chia - He's a youngster. I got him when he was approximately 3 months old, and now he is five months. He "sprouted" :) I love watching these beauties grow and he's turned into a dapper young blue VT.

Lolita - She is a half giant red dragon HMPK. She's extremely aggressive and she will most likely rip other fish to shreds … she's a flirty gal :)

Osgiliath - I HAD to have this boy. I saw him from afar yesterday while in PetSmart, beelined to him and within minutes he was mine. Osgiliath is named after a city in The Lord of the Rings, of which I am a huge fan of. He's a blue/orange/white marble HMPK … labelled as a Dragon, pfft.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I named my most recent betta, Hirao because I was searching through names with a Japanese theme and that one randomly came to me and I really liked how it fit the betta as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
543 Posts
I named my betta Donofin after the old movie Donovan’s Reef, I changed “van” to “fin” though. I named him that because I wanted him to reign over his “reef” in his 3.5 gallon tank!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
My first boy was Jude, because I had watched "Across the Universe" recently and thought it was a nice old-fashioned name (alas I was unable to listen to "Hey Jude" for months after he died without crying).

Then came "Baby V/C", who I bought as an unsexed baby and decided would be named either Cesario or Viola, after the twins in Twelfth Night. She ended up being a Viola. :)

I kind of went nuts and had- Ruth, Eleanor, Claire, Gail, Holly, and Rosaline. I was attempting a sorority. Rosaline turned out to be a male and was renamed Gabriel.

Then Claude & Marie, brother and sister and inexplicably French.

And finally Felix, my latest. Was almost named "Creamsicle" because of his colors but I decided to be a little more dignified. For some reason I constantly called him "Buddy", which was a first for me as far as nicknames go.

I also helped my mother name her bettas- Floyd AKA "Pretty Boy Floyd", Hank, Archimedes, and Leia ("Princess" or "General" depending on mood)

Honorary mention goes to my goldfish- Thing One, Thing Two, Thing Three, and Celeste. :)

61 - 67 of 67 Posts