Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i just got back into the fish keeping hobby, and have a few 5 gallon bow tanks with a dividee in it. I tried using a regular manual gravel vaccuum but i cant seem to get the siphon to start. I know there is a trick to lay the vacuum nozzle flat in the tank to get the siphon started but with the divider in the tank i cant do it. So im done with the manual vacuums. Anyone know of a good electric vacuum?

·
Super Moderator
2,605 Posts
I don't know of an electric vacuum, I do know Python aquarium vacuum use venturi effect to vacuum your tank, but they may be overkill for a 5g.
The second easiest way to start a vacuum is to fill the tubing with water, put your finger over one end so the water does not flow out, stick the vacuum in the tank and make sure it fills with water and drop the end you had covered into the bucket. This should start the flow of water.
The easiest is the old suck on one end until the water comes over the top of the tank, then drop the end in the bucket. That's my preferred method.

·
Super Moderator
1,141 Posts
My gravel vacuum has a little pump on it that you squeeze to get the water going, is the end of your gravel vacuum lower than your tank while you are doing, for me that helps to get it going.

·
Premium Member
976 Posts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts