Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of possibly breeding my Betta but I would like to know what the minimum size would be. All so could you use a split tank for breeding? As in having a fish living on one side but use the other side for breeding?

·
Registered
115 Posts
The last minimum size I heard was ten gallons. However I could be wrong, I'm not a breeder at this time. As for a split tank, I'm not exactly sure. I'm sure others would know though.

Good luck!

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
I've heard of experienced breeders doing it in 5s, but really, a half-filled 10 gallon seems to be the way to go.

Do you have all the other tanks you will need, too? :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have the tanks yet because I'm trying to get all the information first before I actuly 'dive' into the whole thing.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
I don't think a divided tank would be a good idea because the fry when they hatch are super tiny and could swim into the other side and get eaten.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Do you have a hundred+ tanks for the juveniles?

Be honest with yourself, if your mom won't let you have a 20 long ... what makes you think she will let you have all those tanks for the juveniles?

Please read this: http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/...reeding-bettas-considerations-supplies-82909/

It answers your questions, and should hopefully open your eyes to the responsibilities you will be stepping into...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts