Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got him on Tuesday. It's now Friday evening. He was very full of life and active on Tuesday and even for the last few days, but now if I put a mirror by him, he flares his fins, but he won't even flare his gills or do his little swim dance back and forth..

Anyone know what might be wrong? He's still swimming around the aquarium but not as lively as before.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
We need to know more about your tank. How big is it? What is the temperature? Do you have a heater? How about a filter? What is your cleaning schedule? What is your feeding schedule?

These questions may help us figure out what's up. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The tank is 10 gallon. I have it heated at 75 degrees. I have a filter. My cleaning schedule will be to change 1/3 of the tank every week. I always clean out the uneaten food.

He might have just been sleepy yesterday though because he seems kind of active today lol.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sometimes they are active when they want to be and sometimes
they are sleepy and would rather sleep all day and not
be active like normal, lol, everything that
you are doing is great, he should be fine

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
It could be his water temperature - it is a little on the cool side. Boost it to 78-82. :) If he is long-tailed, you may also find he needs to rest a little, or that the filter flow is too strong. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts