Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone seen this?? Or know what it might be? I came home from work and he was laying on the bottom of the tank and hasn't really been moving. He's also got this weird patch on his torso, that he's never had before..... The tank conditions are normal nothings change in the last 6 months I've had him. Frequent water changes the other fish are perfectly fine, and my other tank with a similar set up is also fine..

If anyone has any idea or any tips on how to cure it. I'm all ears..

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
that looks like columaris. I do know it is highly contagious and deadly if not treated. Unfortunately i've never dealt with columaris. I know that Russell or lil will have better advice than what I can give.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Do you have any decor with small holes? That looks similar to a betta I saw that got stuck in a terra cotta pot hole.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys, thanks for your reply's... But he didn't make it through the night. I haven't noticed it on any other of my fish so it didn't spread which is weird. But thanks anyways guys!!!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
That's not fungus, it's Columnaris. You're other fish do indeed have it since it is very highly contagious. Regardless of weather or not the other fish are showing visual symptoms, you need to treat the entire tank ASAP.

I recommend treating the tank with Seachem ParaGuard. It's easy to use; remove the activated carbon from your filter and dose the tank with 1 cap-full per 10 gallons of water. Every single day do a 45% water change and after that re-dose the tank with the full dose. Do this for a full 7 days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts