Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I think we've all thought about it, at one point or another. So....What's your dream Fishy dream??? Mine is to own a proper Fish/aquatic shop. I even made an outlineblueprint of what it'd look like. I'd have bettas, maybe rescues, maybe from breeders, who knows. An they'd each have a 2 gallon section, taking up a majority of 1 wall, the other tanks on the same wall would hold fish that can live peacefully with bettas. On all the other walls will be other fish, cool fish haha. Species of shrimp, micro crabs, gold fish,tetras, etc. And every day the waters will be tested, and fish fed, taken care of the way they should be. I will sell 'starter kits' for each species, with heaters, tanks, gravel, food etc. and suggest a different website for each different type of fish and each fish will come with a 'take care of me' guide.. like tropicalfish.com and bettafish.com and goldfish.com haha. tell them that each site has people who will help them out! and ill have papers printed and placed in each starter kit telling them how to care for the fish. I will not own a fish store with nasty diseased fish. Here are some images of how it would look. I'd have a back room for quarantined fish and cleaning decor, etc. Now tell me about yours!!! that last picture is shelves. and i didnt make lines for each individual tanks on that third picture because i got lazy haha!
Wall Line Architecture Rectangle Room

Ceiling Room Architecture Diagram Rectangle

Ceiling Room Rectangle Sport venue Floor

Ceiling Rectangle

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
My main dream would be to have a proper fish room. As in, a room that is full of racks, tanks and tubs especially for my wilds. I would love to have four 1.5m wide racks that could hold around 50 tanks. These would be used for breeding pairs, grow-outs, and holding tanks (sales fish). I would have a sink area, lights running on timers over every single tank, cupboards for my equipment, and a special area for my live food cultures including permanently running BBS hatcheries.

I would also have a tank in the middle of the room where I would culture live plants so that they are always on hand for me to use in new set-ups. There would also be a couple of large barrels for me to age my water in.

I think it would be so nice to have a whole space to dedicate to my fish. It would also cut down on maintenance time if everything is together rather than spread across different rooms of the house.

I used to want to run a fish store when I was younger and used to spend ages drawing pictures of the front and layout of my store. Having spent time in a lot of fish stores I don't think I could, unless I was extremely wealthy and was able to ban stupid customers from my store without sending my business broke haha.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah lol. why don't you build a fish room? or buy and old building in town and make it a fish room? that would be awesome!

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
I would love to have the space for larger tanks in my apartment. I would design the interior around the tanks so that everyone can see my beautiful fish. I would want a few 10 gallon tanks for bettas, a 55 gallon tank for butterfly telescope goldfish, and a 25 gallon tank for a female sorority.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just want a proper fish store you know?

·
Registered
572 Posts
I'd like to make a proper fish store, which also functions as a beta rescue. And breed them, and work on getting man made viruses to target betta tumors. Or become a neurologist. My friends were surprised when I said I wanted to be a neurologist. "You're obsessed with fish and you want to be a neurologist?"

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wouldn't breed them, i would just rescue them and give them to good homes.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Every time I go to an aquarium I fall in love with their tanks and set ups, and it made me wish I had the money and space to have a den with a giant tank set up to provide a relaxing mood and environment. I swear I catch myself staring at my small 2.5gal tank and watching Drogo swim around and I don;t even realize how much time goes by.

I would love a proper a fish store!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I would love to have my own fish store, mainly selling bettas but other fish too. I would probably breed my own bettas and maybe sell some from breeders. And unlike petco or petsmart or walmart or any other places like that they would have a heated tank to hang out in until they found their forever home.

Lol we were driving somewhere and I saw a for sale sign of a empty store in between two other stores and I couldn't help but think of how that would look as a fish store.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.