Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Mosu (Red Betta)
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new betta who's a little more aggressive than my old one. When I do a water test strip he always tries to nip at me. Today I did my first water change with a gravel vac (I've only had him for a week) and he kept coming at me. If he ends up getting me will it hurt? It kind of kept me from thoroughly vacuuming because I was trying to avoid him lol.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Maybe he's feisty and playful. I don't think it hurts. I've only seen videos of people playing with their fishy by making them jump to bite their fingertip. It probably feels like rubbing your finger on the ridges of a butter knife or less

·
Registered
Akila and Atticus <3
386 Posts
I have a new betta who's a little more aggressive than my old one. When I do a water test strip he always tries to nip at me. Today I did my first water change with a gravel vac (I've only had him for a week) and he kept coming at me. If he ends up getting me will it hurt? It kind of kept me from thoroughly vacuuming because I was trying to avoid him lol.
My bettas are always playful and will often nip at my fingers when I clean their tanks! It doesn't hurt at all! It definitely feels really weird, but it doesn't hurt!

Reactions: X skully X

·
Premium Member
1,375 Posts
I keep my left hand in the water and vacuum with my right when I clean my big tank to keep my girls at the top of the tank while I clean. They often nip at my fingers. It just feels like fish brushing against you. Kinda tickles. They are more curious with me than aggressive. I have had a few get impatient when I feed and they have jumped out of the water and nipped my hand that didn’t hurt either. To be honest it makes me jump when the big fancy gold fish try that. Lol

·
Registered
234 Posts
I always put food on top of my finger to make my fish jump. It doesn't hurt, it just feels like a very mild sucking for one second.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It surprisingly doesn’t really hurt, at first, when my betta “bit” me, I was a little surprised bit overall, it didn’t hurt. I teach my bettas how to jump and they don’t really bite you but instead they just chomp the food off your fingertip. (You should try it, its pretty fun training your betta to do various tricks.) :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts