Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Registered
J, king | Cosmo, black orchid | Jupiter, zebra nerite
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Just stopped into Petco for some purigen for my boy J, and saw this really big halfmoon king, struggling to move in his tiny cup. He's absolutely handsome and if I could I'd take him home without a doubt.
Definitely tugs on your heart to leave them behind 馃様
Vertebrate White Product Pet supply Toy

Registered
1) 25 litres, Espresso the betta,2) 60 litres with 2 blue rams,3) my cat!
I feel you... its so hard leaving them behind! 馃様

Registered
6 Bettas, Innumerable Snails, 3 Mice, 2 Hissing roaches
Aw man, I had to do the same thing today.
Found a little lady. Beautiful dark blue crowntail female, with severe bloat, pineconing, and was barely breathing.

It's always so painful.. Like, why can't pet stores either do better or why can't we have infinite space for aquariums? You know?

Registered
Many Platies, 1 Glofish, Many Goldfish and RRM's, Many Shrimp and Snails, 1 Cory, 5 Birds.
Aww! He's a beauty!

Where is he? Can I have him? lol
I'm wanting to get a male soon.

I sure do feel you, though. I found a beautiful white female with mint and pink fins. She was georgeous!
I stared at her, longing for her. But I had to drag my feet out of that pet store. T_T I will never forget her face when I left her. T_T

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aw man, I had to do the same thing today.
Found a little lady. Beautiful dark blue crowntail female, with severe bloat, pineconing, and was barely breathing.

It's always so painful.. Like, why can't pet stores either do better or why can't we have infinite space for aquariums? You know?
Yeah, honestly both would work out for all of us. Better for the ones there and us because more fish hah

Aww! He's a beauty!

Where is he? Can I have him? lol
I'm wanting to get a male soon.

I sure do feel you, though. I found a beautiful white female with mint and pink fins. She was georgeous!
I stared at her, longing for her. But I had to drag my feet out of that pet store. T_T I will never forget her face when I left her. T_T
He's at a Petco in PA, I'll just teleport him your way hah

Ugh yeah that's the toughest thing. Remembering back to the way they looked when you last saw them):

I feel that :(

I had to leave a fish just last friday. I might go back for him though.
Hopefully he'll be waiting on you if you do

Registered
Many Platies, 1 Glofish, Many Goldfish and RRM's, Many Shrimp and Snails, 1 Cory, 5 Birds.
Ugh yeah that's the toughest thing. Remembering back to the way they looked when you last saw them):
It's so hard. :cry: The bettas there are always excited to see me. It's like they knew that I had a special place in my heart for them and that they knew I wanted them. 馃槶馃挃

Registered
Last time I saw a golden half moon betta in a fish store and I really wanted to bring him home. I think that he was a new arrival as he still seemed healthy whereas all the other bettas are sick. It was so cute! Don鈥檛 have space for another tank tho鈥 After around 1 week(3rd time visiting him) I noticed that he was gone. So it鈥檚 either he died or was bought. He was probably bought as the 2nd time I saw him he was still fine and active. Hope he got a loving home. I had to resist buying him every time. That made me want to stop visiting him but I just couldn鈥檛

Registered
I am known by my friends for impulse purchasing Bettas that look sad and that I fall in love with so I get it lol. I just got a third Betta (all seperated) and right now he has to sit in a jar since the Mollies nipped at his fins. I have to figure out now if I want to try again with that tank or set up a new, bigger split tank for my baby betta and him aaaa

Registered
My sister and I rescue these betas and bring them home as often as we can. When we find one that is showing signs of problems we grab them and bring them home. We can鈥檛 leave them they there. The pet store in our area have come to know us as the betta rescuers! The minute they see us come in they will show us the bettas that have been there too long in a cup and work deals with us to help get them into a stable tank with medications. Currently I have 4 males and 2 females. My sister has about 10 males and 2 females. We have so many tanks right now, we just love watching them heal and start to enjoy their lives. It all started with one betta I named Spacolli.
Hood Automotive lighting Fish Fin Fish supply

Registered
1) 25 litres, Espresso the betta,2) 60 litres with 2 blue rams,3) my cat!
My sister and I rescue these betas and bring them home as often as we can. When we find one that is showing signs of problems we grab them and bring them home. We can鈥檛 leave them they there. The pet store in our area have come to know us as the betta rescuers! The minute they see us come in they will show us the bettas that have been there too long in a cup and work deals with us to help get them into a stable tank with medications. Currently I have 4 males and 2 females. My sister has about 10 males and 2 females. We have so many tanks right now, we just love watching them heal and start to enjoy their lives. It all started with one betta I named Spacolli.
thanks for rescuing them!! Thanks THANKS THANKS!

• Love
Reactions: FishandBirdLover

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's so hard. :cry: The bettas there are always excited to see me. It's like they knew that I had a special place in my heart for them and that they knew I wanted them. 馃槶馃挃
Yeah exactly, and that doesn't make things any easier because they're there being all excited 馃様
Last time I saw a golden half moon betta in a fish store and I really wanted to bring him home. I think that he was a new arrival as he still seemed healthy whereas all the other bettas are sick. It was so cute! Don鈥檛 have space for another tank tho鈥 After around 1 week(3rd time visiting him) I noticed that he was gone. So it鈥檚 either he died or was bought. He was probably bought as the 2nd time I saw him he was still fine and active. Hope he got a loving home. I had to resist buying him every time. That made me want to stop visiting him but I just couldn鈥檛
I know that feeling.. you just have to keep checking on them but in the end you don't fully know what happened or where they went. We can only hope for the best i suppose.
I am known by my friends for impulse purchasing Bettas that look sad and that I fall in love with so I get it lol. I just got a third Betta (all seperated) and right now he has to sit in a jar since the Mollies nipped at his fins. I have to figure out now if I want to try again with that tank or set up a new, bigger split tank for my baby betta and him aaaa
That's the struggle when you can't say no to them, end up in situations where you gotta get more tanks and suddenly you wonder where your counter space went haha
My sister and I rescue these betas and bring them home as often as we can. When we find one that is showing signs of problems we grab them and bring them home. We can鈥檛 leave them they there. The pet store in our area have come to know us as the betta rescuers! The minute they see us come in they will show us the bettas that have been there too long in a cup and work deals with us to help get them into a stable tank with medications. Currently I have 4 males and 2 females. My sister has about 10 males and 2 females. We have so many tanks right now, we just love watching them heal and start to enjoy their lives. It all started with one betta I named Spacolli. View attachment 1037906
Aww that's awesome! I'd love to be able to do something similar, but space is forever an issue:rolleyes:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh word, he's in PA? I'm in NY, time for a road trip. 馃お

What a gorgeous fish. Hopefully someone has snatched him up already and given him a nice home.
Ay I wanna take a road trip to NY anyway, time for a fish rescue 馃槑

I suppose we can only hope for them all to get great homes, the unfortunate outcome is not that for most though..

Registered
Hi everyone. Just stopped into Petco for some purigen for my boy J, and saw this really big halfmoon king, struggling to move in his tiny cup. He's absolutely handsome and if I could I'd take him home without a doubt.
Definitely tugs on your heart to leave them behind 馃様 View attachment 1037859
Awwe this literally happened to me 20 minutes ago at Petland

Registered
I just had to do this to so many bettas today! T_T

I'll try to upload some pics later.

Registered
Males:
Water Eye Fin Goldfish Underwater

Purple Liquid Water Underwater Petal

Insect Pollinator Arthropod Purple Fluid

Purple Automotive lighting Automotive design Fish Violet

Hood Toy Pink Fawn Rodent

Females:

This one was my fav of all!
Water Vertebrate Purple Underwater Fin
Liquid Water Eye Fin Underwater
Water Eye Window Fin Liquid
Water Liquid Fin Fluid Fish
Water Fin Fish Liquid Underwater

Registered
More females:

Water Hood Fin Liquid Underwater

Water Liquid Fluid Glass Electric blue

Water Underwater Marine invertebrates Fin Fish

Head Eye Fin Purple Water

I hated to leave them all there. 馃槥 馃槥 馃槥 馃槥

Registered
6 Bettas, Innumerable Snails, 3 Mice, 2 Hissing roaches
They're all so precious!!!
I really hope they all find good homes.

I'm in the same dilemma right now too :confused:
I've been trying to bring this poor guy home for the last several weeks..
Parents keep saying no though.
Hand Automotive lighting Finger Eyelash Eyewear

1 - 20 of 27 Posts