Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,458 Posts
I bury mine in one of my potted plants, fortunately, I haven't had to do it too much. I advise against flushing as it can be potentially harmful to your local water ways.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I buried my last dead betta in a favorite potted plant. Fish corpses are great fertilizer, especially a little one that won't overwhelm the plant. It also seems more respectful than just tossing the body in the trash or flushing down the toilet. "We are Dust."

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I feel that it would be best to honor their memory in a garden..or backyard..buried..with small rocks around the grave site..I would feel uneasy about flushing. Because if you bury..you could always go to see the plot..and visit:)

·
Registered
229 Posts
I've heard of people putting them in their compost box. They're animals, therefore biodegradable, and perfectly safe to compost. Idk how I'd feel about that.. probs similar to if I put him in the trash :/

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I don't mean to sound heartless but I flush mine. (I do not worry about my local water. Seriously it comes from the river and then is cleaned.)
I have thought about burying them but I worry my other pets or chickens may dig them up. It may be a weird thing to worry about, but I wouldn't want them to be eaten...

·
Registered
785 Posts
I grow cat nip so now if a fish dies I just put them in the soil of my nip. Used to flush them, don't see how a single fish can harm a whole city's waterway when pesticides and such have a much more harmful effect and much larger quantities.

·
Registered
337 Posts
When mine dies, heaven forbid it be less than three years from now, I'll bury him on a sunny day in my neighbourhood's park, the Parc Monceau. I don't care if it might be illegal, because he deserves a good resting place.

Just thinking about it puts a tear in my eye...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Had only one Betta death so far, Bought and then Buried him in a Bonzai tree pot and stuck his favorite plant(had a 30g full of real plants but he loves this one fake plant) in there too. So now he's given new life to a bonzai with his death.. Just feels like a final respect to him.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.