Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While we were happy to rescue a beautiful betta from an awful situation in a local pet store, her ill health and short life span was heartbreaking.

This time around we'd like to order online for home delivery.

Can you share the names of online shops that you've had a good experience with? Varieties aren't as important as the health and good care of the fish.
Who do you recommend?

Saav

(Horror stories are also appreciated, so we can steer clear of terrible vendors)

· Registered
Azrael (Platinum Halfmoon Betta), Uriel (King HMPK Marble Betta), 4 Boas, & 2 Tarantulas
418 Posts
I got Azreal from Coast Gem USA. I do believe they sent me the wrong fish but he’s an amazing Betta that I love regardless. I voiced my concerns and they even gave me a store credit for my inconvenience. Some forums said it’s the same Betta he just colored up, others said it’s a different Betta. The one I ordered was pure white and larger in size. Azrael was a bit smaller and had more of a pink opal color. Their ads either say you’ll get one similar, or what you see is what you get. I ordered a “what you see is what you get” betta. But he just looked different to me! None the less he came in healthy.

· Registered
1 fish, 1 cat, 2 dogs, 10 horses, 1 pig
251 Posts
I wouldn’t order a betta online. If you are no careful, you can end up with a sick and stressed betta. I would suggest getting a betta at your local pet store. The breeders are responsible and have a pretty long lifespan if we’ll taken care of.

I hope this message was useful! Good luck with your new aquatic friend!

• Helpful
Reactions: Saavedra

· Registered
1 fish, 1 cat, 2 dogs, 10 horses, 1 pig
251 Posts
Thank you! I'm actually worried about the local places. We got Victoria at a local place and I can't shake the feeling that she was sick when we got her.
I got my Fernando at my local Petco.
Try to get your new friend at a chain of pet stores. They’re pretty responsible breeders.

Reactions: Saavedra

· Registered
80 Posts
I have ordered online very successfully. They will be shipped to stores unless they have personal local breeders anyhow.
i have used aquahuna for a betta and other fish repeatedy. The one time I had some doa they refunded me not store credit. I always deworm and have ich stuff on hand. They always came healthy from aquahuna.
I have heard bettasquad usa is very good as well and I may order from them as well in the future.

edited to correct complete name**

· Registered
58 Posts
I've also had good luck ordering online. I ordered years ago a few times from aquabid, but I'm afraid I don't remember who the breeder was.

I also have just ordered from Betta Squad USA. I've got to say I'm thrilled with the fish I got from them. Not only did they have a large selection with lots of photos, but they also have the fish ages in weeks. My boy arrived very well packaged, warm, and healthy.

However, I would agree about being careful now that it's getting colder, just depending on where you are and where the fish would be shipping from.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts