Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace the light bulb in my tank, but what I bought before isn't in stock anywhere so I don't know what to buy. Previous bulb under brand Glo (made by Hagen), 15watt/6500K, full spectrum, screw in.

Tank is 5G Hawkeye, cycled for a little more than a year, live plants, one betta.

Any tips on where to buy a new light bulb (online or offline) or suggestions on brand? Sort of frustrated with local shops. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have the same tank as my QT and I get the light bulbs at Walmart. I have had a few light fixtures break in my other tanks and I've gone to Home Depot and replaced the fixtures with some basic light bulb fixture.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had tried Walmart, but I couldn't find anything there the size I need. Thanks though. :)

·
Registered
785 Posts
Home Depot, Lowes, or any home improvement store for that matter. They have a variety and whole department devoted to lighting. I'm a certain that you will find the size and type that you need.

·
Registered
785 Posts
uhm can i keep a betta in a 1 gallon bowl its an aqua culture with the led light?? plzz help
I would recommend that you go create your own thread to get your own feed back instead of taking over another person's question.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
uhm can i keep a betta in a 1 gallon bowl its an aqua culture with the led light?? plzz help
The reason for the concern with my light bulb is that I'm using a grow light to support the live plantings in my aquarium. Light source is less of a concern when you don't have real plants.

There are many threads on here regarding appropriate tank sizes if you look. Generally, 2.5 gallons is the recommended smallest size.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Can't you use a regular 6500K cfl to support plants? I have those for my tank. I sealed them with aquarium sealant before I put them in. I couldn't find them at my Wal-Mart either. I did find them at Lowes but had to look around a little because they come in two sizes now. One was going to be to big to fit in the plastic shroud but the regular sized one fit fine. I have two of them for my 10 gallon tank so one for a 5g should work right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts