Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Administrator
24,577 Posts
I think too much is made of "add the Betta last." I had all my Bettas first and acclimated in a darkened tank.

I have tiny, tiny Dario hysginon and Scarlet Badis (about .5" but need special care) in a 20 long with no problem. Only one of my four is too aggressive to take his turn in the 20. I also have Pygmy and hasbrosus Cories and male Endlers and Dwarf Panda Guppies (about .75") and they do fine, too. As do Clayton and Esmeralda the African Dwarf Frogs.

It's my theory that the more plants you have, the more you interrupt the line of sight/attack. Plus, it gives the Betta a place to rest or hide if the activity gets to be too much.

You'll love the Chilis and soon be adding other types. :) Check out this site. It's the only place I buy my Micro/Nano fish. Even if you don't buy from Rachel, the site has some incredible information and is worth scoping out. She lectures all over the US.

Freshwater Species | Invertebrates by Msjinkzd

· Administrator
24,577 Posts
Looks good. You might try to anchor a bunch or two of Narrow Leaf Anacharis or Cabomba in one of the corners. My Bettas seem to gravate to them when it's their turn and they love using them as resting spots. The Micro fish like them, too.

Rachel restocks often and sometimes she has fish in stock but hasn't yet listed. What I really appreciate is she quarantines them before they are for sale. When you get ready to order, email with your wants. Right now she's away from her computer but she'll get back to you as soon as.

When my husband gets home I'll take some photos (he has the camera :) ) of the 20 long. This is it before I removed the dividers and rescaped.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.