Betta Fish Forum banner

Which Betta Species Do You Think Is Best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
121 - 137 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am off to do a search just to look at pictures of the bettas. I never knew there were so many different kinds. I also know I will like them all :lol:.
Nice poll and educational as well.

·
Registered
7,192 Posts
My soft spot is for HMPKs. HM finnage without the problems :)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Creat: I don't mean to be rude here but a fish having health problems etc is NOT fun for the fish

·
Registered
7,192 Posts
I don't think they meant health problems. HMs in general are difficult because of their fins. Spawning them is a hit or miss, maintaining them in perfect condition is difficult, and raising them to have a 180 degree caudal spread is even more difficult. Take a lot of work.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
ok lol I hope I didn't sound rude :) It wasn't meant that way!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I have to agree on that one, I do think that they are nice, I don't think they're quite as nice as halfmoons but I do think they're gorgeous anyway

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
If they're not bred properly with the right outcrosses to HMPK etc then the fins get way too big, but apart from that I looove them!

·
Registered
7,192 Posts
DTs are extremely is easy to produce. Just breed two fish carrying DT or a DT to DT/dt and you'll get them.

Unfortunately 99% of DTs on AB have terrible fins and bodies.

·
Registered
7,192 Posts
DTs are extremely is easy to produce. Just breed two fish carrying DT or a DT to DT/dt and you'll get them.

Unfortunately 99% of DTs on AB have terrible fins and bodies.
Meant ST/dt not DT/dt... that's a "You don't say" moment.

·
Registered
722 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
Cool!! :)

121 - 137 of 137 Posts