Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Breeding Program help! I have 3 males that I'd like to breed to my koi female but I dont know which one would give me the best result for what I'm looking for.

I'm really wanting to breed "galaxy koi" bettas, so basically kois with other colors besides the traditional colors. I have my original sketch included of what I had in mind.

Candidates:
Alarik (double tail multicolor) he hasnt made much of a bubble nest sadly, never flares
Stefan (turquoise over Halfmoon from what I've been told) huge bubble nest, flares a lot
Damon (black lace/devil? halfmoon) small bubblenest, flares a lot

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,274 Posts
Logically speaking, you need dragon/metallic genes to create galaxy. So non of the above should work. However, any may create multi colored marbles.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do have a copper metallic female that I was planning on breeding into the lines later on. I really like multicolored marbles so I think I'll be happy with that as a result.

·
Registered
267 Posts
If you want galaxy koi, start with galaxy koi. Its better to spend $50-$150 for a nice pair and have faster results than taking 2-5+ years of breeding and hundreds of dollars trying to get galaxy kois from non galaxy koi pair. That being said, there is nothing wrong with breeding your current fish if you are trying to breed and improve their color or form/etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts