Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I have a betta fish-he is currently living in a small tank I'm searching and trying to figure out which type of tanks and brands that would be best so when I get more money to get a bigger tank my fish will be happy and made a good choice. I came across a couple brands; which are "GloFish" and "Hawkeye". There are same tanks that have LED light which I think would be cool but since my fish is a veiltale male I feel like it would be bad idea. So what are good tanks, brand name tanks, etc. Please and thank you for everyone who helps determine the best tank to start saving up for :)
Sincerely, Tiffany

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I have all my bettas in tanks with LED lighting. It shouldn't hurt your veiltail at all. Did someone tell you that?

All of my bettas (except for a couple in my Fluval Specs) are in Tetra 3 gallon cubes. They come with a LED light. And a underwater filter which in my honest opinion is junk, so I don't use the filters. I have a Deep Blue Biomaxx Nano filter on each. You can find both on Amazon. I like the size and shape of them and for a single male betta it is a good size.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have all my bettas in tanks with LED lighting. It shouldn't hurt your veiltail at all. Did someone tell you that?

All of my bettas (except for a couple in my Fluval Specs) are in Tetra 3 gallon cubes. They come with a LED light. And a underwater filter which in my honest opinion is junk, so I don't use the filters. I have a Deep Blue Biomaxx Nano filter on each. You can find both on Amazon. I like the size and shape of them and for a single male betta it is a good size.
Thank you for telling me that. No someone didn't, I just wasnt sure if bettas see the lights and get stressed from them and what not. I'll Google the type of tank you have. thank you for your help :)

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
Also, don't forget to factor in the possibility of having to upgrade your heater if you upgrade the tank.
Did you have a tank size in mind and are you planning on getting some live plants?

I personally just bought a couple of Tetra 10g's that were on sale at Petco's dollar per gallon sale.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also, don't forget to factor in the possibility of having to upgrade your heater if you upgrade the tank.
Did you have a tank size in mind and are you planning on getting some live plants?

I personally just bought a couple of Tetra 10g's that were on sale at Petco's dollar per gallon sale.
I have no money so I'm saving up some so can get a nice big tank for my fish. I'm thinking about 2.5-5 gallon tank. I don't have a heater for him, so I keep heater on at 78° which helps keep his water warm at room temp til can save little more money. Yeah I'm thinking of adding one or two live plants when get new tank for him. How much was 10 gal tank at petco?
Thanks for helping as well :)

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
I have no money so I'm saving up some so can get a nice big tank for my fish. I'm thinking about 2.5-5 gallon tank. I don't have a heater for him, so I keep heater on at 78° which helps keep his water warm at room temp til can save little more money. Yeah I'm thinking of adding one or two live plants when get new tank for him. How much was 10 gal tank at petco?
Thanks for helping as well :)
The 10 gallon was $10 but with that option, you also have to factor in that you will need to get a hood (or some sort of cover) and a light, so as Balimnt had posted, I also looked at that GrreatChoice as an all in one option when I was looking around a couple months ago, they got decent reviews. IIRC, that 10g starter kit was only a few bucks more than the smaller tanks and the only thing you'd want to do is change out the incandescent light that they come with for a fluorescent bulb.

As for the heater, you want to make sure that his water is at a constant temperature, which is why everyone recommends. What hurts your pet more than temperatures outside his comfort range is rapid fluctuations in temperature.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.