Betta Fish Forum banner

Which name? Please read post before voting!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm going to be getting my first fish in a couple weeks, and after doing all my reading and preparation, I finally got to my fav part of getting ready for a fishy... The name! Haha i know most people name their betta after they get them, but im just so excited! So. While reading about the fish i found out they come from cambodia thailand, and siamese is a thai word. ( as in siamese fighting fish) so I want to have an oriental feel and set up XD I looked up a good website for boy names, and i went in to thai names, and then picked two of my favorite names. They are Pan, and Kavi. Pan is not only thai but is also polish, greek, and australian. Pan means god of flocks in greek, and the lord or master in polish. Kavi means : a poet in sanskrit, and the name Kavi is also used in the Tamil language. Soooo I want to know which one you guys like more.. cuase im stuck!

·
Registered
195 Posts
i like kavi. i was just like you a couple of weeks ago. researched and ready. but now i am less than a week away from my betta! his name will be Marlin!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks everyone! I named it Kavi. It died in less then a day though.... =(

·
Registered
195 Posts
awww. i am sorry for you. :-(
rip kavi.......

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
So sorry.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have no idea how he died. My poor baby. At least when he passed away, it was in a nice place not some crap cup from petco.

·
Registered
195 Posts
still booo :-(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts