Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of these frozen foods, which are best as a daily food along with a high quality betta pellet. Frozen ...Brine, bloodworm, Daphnia and Krill. I think its probably the Brine and Krill but I just want to make sure. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Agreed, none should be fed every day.

I think you've listed them in accessing order of nutrition.

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
I have fed frozen foods daily before without issue. Frozen foods are not going to cause constipation. They are just like live foods only frozen, and none of my dozens and dozens of bettas I have had on frozen foods have shown any health related issues.

The issue is that frozen foods aren't generally very nutritious. However, used alongside a pellet food, that shouldn't be an issue. Personally, I have found that brine shrimp and bloodworm seem to be the most palatable to my bettas.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone for your input. I'll probably continue to feed a variety of frozen foods a couple times a week. I know freeze dried foods aren't good for bettas and can cause constipation but I've always heard that frozen is the next best thing to fresh...I'm not sure that they do cause constipation especially the daphnia which acts as a laxative. But whatever the case, I wont be feeding it daily anyway ;-)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts