Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my house, I live with 4 other family members. We have two Betta Fish. They are each housed housed in their own 1-liter (guesstimate) bowls. From information found on this site, that isn't enough. It may take me some time to earn money for a serious tank, so I was wondering:

Are there any good tanks for Bettas that don't cost a ton of money? If so, what are they?
&
In a house, what are some good places to put a fish tank?

Thanks!

·
Registered
10,789 Posts
Hi Spinout and welcome to the forum.

Since you have two bettas, good tank for you might be a divided 5 gallon. You can get a pretty good 5 gallon kit at Wal-Mart for under $30; the only thing you would need is a heater. You can get instructions on how to make a divider out of plastic craft mesh and report cover spines here on the forum as well.

·
Registered
462 Posts
+1 to the divided 5 gallon. Then you only need one heater and filter!

As for good places for fish tanks, I have mine in my bedroom but that's because they're my fish and mom won't let them go anywhere else. Now if it was my own house, they'd probably be in the living room. That way everyone can enjoy them. :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I agree with getting a 5 gallon divider! A heater and filter sounds good, those bettas are going to love it! I have Twilight in the kitchen, and Amor in my bedroom!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to raise the money needed for that, so thank you for the suggestion! The only thing I have to figure out now is where to place it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts