Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So if you remember my earlier post, I got Jacob on 1/1/2012. This is him on his first day:

I have learned about a lot about bettas in just half a month. Turns out the lava rock in my take shredded his fins to almost nothing, he was red all over because of the blood loss. Needless to say I removed it and he has only silk plants and a marimo ball. I added low-iodized salt to his tank (i didn't have aquarium or epsom) using the 1tsp/gal method, and he has made a full recovery. He is now eating daily and he is a real pig! I try to feed him sparingly throughout the day because of his appetite. Well anyway here is him this morning, just 18 days later. Note: his fins are still recovering so they look a little weird.

Notice the difference in his marbling:

I am still undecided on his fin type. i checked the sticky and he looks just like the picture for 'Comb' or SDet.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Combtails can be any tail spread(vt, delta,super delta,pk,hm) just means that they have CT somewhere in their line and it causes a comb look to their fins(slight web reduction) While he does have the slight web reduction it's not uber noticeable. ^^

So you can just call him a super delta? Maybe HM if his tail goes to 180 when he flares

Anyway your boy is very nice. <3 I love marbles and the yellow/blue/white looks nice.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh okay, I understand now. I was unsure about the whole 'Comb thing". I think he is a super delta then.

Thanks! I really love marbles. I am planning to upgrade to 2 five gallons, and getting another betta for the other tank, and use my current tank (1.5g Tetra) as a QT.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts