Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jaws is my pink male crowntail betta. he lives in a 2 gallon tank on my dresser. one day i came home and he had these white cottony patches on him. when i netted him out to do a 100% water change the net hit the patch and it fell off, taking some of his scales with it. he seemed relived that it was gone. i kept him in his cup with his old (and probably infected water) for a little less than 24 hours while the water conditioner settled and a tiny bit of fungus grew on his other side. i gave him BETTAFIX for his open sore where the patch and scales came off to heal his skin and kill any bacteria in the cup. when i put him back in his tank his gills were sticking out a little. since he is hiding now i cant see him but its a few hours later and i think the fungus grew back where his sore was! i gave him a tsp. of BETTAFIX once i put him back... does BETTAFIX not kill this fungus? its supposed to heal his sore and kill BACTERIA not FUNGUS? is the reason that it keeps growing back is because i poured some of the old infected water into the new water? i have a filter! is the fungus going to keep attacking the same spot where there is no skin? should i scratch the fungus off with the net and do another water change? is the reason he caught the fungus is because the water is too cold? i ususally keep it a 74 degrees. Will my baby boy die? why are his gills open? and why was he hanging out by the intake of the filter earlier? if he puts the fungus up against the intake will it suck it away?:sob:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.