Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
t's been two weeks since I got my betta back from my parents while I was away. He is improving slightly but the mass on his face is not.
Housing:
How many gallons is your tank? 1.5g
Does it have a filter? Yes
Does it have a heater? Yes
What temperature is your tank? 78
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? No
Does your Betta have tank mates? What kind? No

Food:
What food brand do you use? Aqueon
Do you feed flakes or pellets? Pellets
Freeze-dried? No
How often do you feed your Betta? How much? 2-3 times a day 2-3 pellets

Maintenance:
Before your Betta became ill how often did you perform a water change? Left with parents while on vacation I don't know.
What percentage of water did you change? Unknown left with parents.
Do you vacuum the substrate or just dip out water? Dip water out
What additives do you use?

Water Parameters:
What are your water parameters? Please give exact numbers. If tested by pet store please get exact numbers. "Fine" or "Safe" won't help us help you.

Ammonia:Unknown
Nitrite:0
Nitrate:0
pH:7.5
Hardness (GH): 30
Alkalinity (KH):120

Symptoms and Treatment:
When did you first notice the symptoms? When I first got him back from my parents.
How has your Betta’s appearance changed? He has a large white mass next to his eye.
How has your Betta’s behavior changed? He was sluggish when I got him back, he is beginning to perk up again.
Is your Betta still eating? Yes just began eating 5 days ago. He's been back with me for 2 weeks.
Have you started treating your Betta? If so, how? Yes with Pimafix, once a day.
Does your Betta have any history of being ill? No
How long have you owned your Betta? Was he or she a rescue? I have owned hIM for 5 months

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey, sorry to hear your betta isn't doing so good :(

Whats the history with the white mass on his face? Is it a lump or is it just discolouration? How long has he had it? Does it grow and shrink?

It's kind of hard to tell by the pictures and get depth perception, but do you think he could have scratched his face on an ornament or decoration and this is just an injury?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks, I really want him better, he's my buddy at school. (I may refer to him as her often though, I named him Khaleessi,so the majority of the time I refer to him as her or fishy, just to clarify and later confusions.)
Hey, sorry to hear your betta isn't doing so good :(

Whats the history with the white mass on his face? Is it a lump or is it just discolouration? How long has he had it? Does it grow and shrink? Do you think he could have scratched his face on an ornament or decoration and this is just an injury?
It has been there for about three weeks now, I noticed it after I got him back from my parents. It's not a lump it's a depression. It does grow and shrink, and there at times is a red coloration. I think its too large for a scratch, he has silk plants and a marbles in his tank. Looking at other older posts I am wondering if its hole in head?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ohh, interesting. I'm not familiar with this sort of issue. Could potentially be hole in the head, although I think that may be most common with ciclids.

Hopefully someone here can help. Sorry I'm not more helpful!!

Just keep on the water changes until it's figured out. Water changes are great for their immune systems and livelihood.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts