Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Housing:
How many gallons is your tank? 1/2, is a quarantine tank
How long has the tank been set up? A week
Does it have a filter? If so, how long has it been cycled? No filter
Does it have a heater? Nope , but in the real tank yes
What temperature is your tank?
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? No
Does your Betta have tank mates? What kind? They are 3 young females in quarantine together. No agression. Its really temporary! They were together at the store.
Is the tank heavily planted? I putted one stem of caromba
Was anything new recently introduced to the tank? If so what was it? The plant

Food:
What food brand do you use? Harika, something like that
Do you feed flakes or pellets? Pellets
Freeze-dried? No
How often do you feed your Betta, and how much? Once a day, try to gice 2 pellets at each one

Maintenance:
Before your Betta became ill how often did you perform a water change? I have them since november 29, so about a week and i did changer 100% twice
If you have gravel substrate how often did you vacuum before your fish became ill?
If you answered yes to having a filter; before your fish became ill how often did you perform filter maintenance (cleaning)?
What percentage of water did you change before your fish became ill? 100%
What dechlorinator do you use? From nutrafin
Do you share tank gear between tanks (nets, water changing buckets, gravel vacs etc.)? Nope
Do you use any additional additives? If so, what specifically do you use and why? (ie; pH Down, PhosGuard, algeacides etc.)

Water Parameters:
Which brand of liquid test kit(s) do you use? None
What are your water parameters? Please give exact numerical numbers. Test results should be from the tank the fish was in when it became ill. Preferably, the test should be done 24 hours after the last water change, and right before you made this thread.

Ammonia:
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
pH:

Symptoms and Treatment: this is for the one who died yesterday
When did you first notice the symptoms? Tuesday (3 days ago) one of the fish looked bloated so i putted her alone in a cup to monitor her and her poop.
How has your Betta’s appearance changed? Wednesday afternoon i noticed white fuzzy stuff on her sides and eye and mouth.
How has your Betta’s behavior changed? She was the dominante one and turned to be the quiet one, lethargic and swimming on her side.
Is your Betta still eating? No
Have you started treating your Betta? If so, how? List medications if any. I putted aquarium salt in her cup . I did mix half of teaspoon in 500ml bottle and filled the cup with that
Does your Betta have any history of being ill? She becomed ill 4 days after i bought her from the store
How long have you owned your betta? 5 days
Was he or she a rescue (was he/she sick when you got him)?
No

This is about the 2 girls left

Symptoms and Treatment:
When did you first notice the symptoms? Thursday night (1day ago)
How has your Betta’s appearance changed? Both of them have a white patch on their head or back. Ils doesnt seem fuzzy.
How has your Betta’s behavior changed? It did not. They are really active and would eat non stop
Is your Betta still eating? Yes
Have you started treating your Betta? If so, how? List medications if any. Aquarium salt (half a teaspoon for half gallon)
Does your Betta have any history of being ill? They were fine in the store
How long have you owned your Betta? A week
Was he or she a rescue (was he/she sick when you got him)?

There is a video, sorry for the noise..my dog loves his toy...http://youtu.be/XhCfavjMANE

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
one eye gone

i kept doing the 100% water change with 1/2 teaspoon of AQ in the 1/2 gallon and the blue girl lost one eye tonight. She has a big red open wound where the eye is supposed to be... I feel soooooo bad! I thought betta were easy to keep :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts