Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so my rescue, Samaki, has been sitting in a breeder trap for a few days. I figured warm filtered water was better than his temporary bucket. So this morning i noticed something between his fins. I didn't know what it was (or care), and to be honest, looking into a breeder trap is painful. Just now, i switched my other betta from the tank into the trap and noticed the thing on Samaki was poop. White stringy poop. Parasites? My other fish have been fed frozen brine shrimp, but Samaki hasn't yet.

Housing
What size is your tank? 10gallons
What temperature is your tank? 76-80
Does your tank have a filter? Yes, penguin 75
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? No
Is your tank heated? Yes
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? 5CPD, 3 guppies, 4 neon tetras. (I know its overstocked, trying to get extra filtration, other tank.

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? New Life Spectrum, Aqueon
How often do you feed your betta fish? 3 in morning, 1 at night. (mixed NLS and aqueon.)

Maintenance
How often do you perform a water change? Once or twice a week.
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? 30%
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? API stress coat.

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters?

As of June 25:

Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrite:0ppm
Nitrate: I rarly test for nitrates.
pH: 7.3
Hardness: NA
Alkalinity: NA

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? None
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? None
When did you start noticing the symptoms? This morning
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? Not yet
Does your fish have any history of being ill? SBD 3 weeks ago.
How old is your fish (approximately)? He is still small, maybe 4-6 months?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I removed him from the 10 gallon and placed him in a bucket wit 100% new water. I thinking of going to Pet-smart today to get him a tank, and now some anti parasite (or is it something else???) Does anyone know what the best brand for parasites is? How can I help him get better? I'm thinking of the following:

.5 tsp of AQ salt per gallon
50-75% water changes daily
recommended dose of anti parasite
2 drops of Melafix every 2 days

Is that a good treating idea?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, so he pooped again, this time it seemed a pea high color, I didn't take a picture to show you (and his water has been changed) and I have started to use AQ salt, someone I know thinks he may have had some internal damage. The only time he had a possibility of this is when I got him. The man in charge of aquatics at the time picked him out of the water to conclude he had SBD (Samki was floating). Any ideas on treatment? He hasn't pooped since, so I'm waiting for the next poop. Help?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.