Betta Fish Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed that one of my girls has white poop. She is in my 10g sorority but she is in a betta condo right now for being agressive toward the other girls.

Housing
What size is your tank? 10 g
What temperature is your tank? 80 degrees
Does your tank have a filter? yes
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? yes
Is your tank heated? yes
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? 5 other female betta

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? New life spectrum betta formula
How often do you feed your betta fish? 3 times a day

Maintenance
How often do you perform a water change? once a week
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? 25%
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? none

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? no

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? i just noticed white poop
How has your betta fish's behavior changed?it hasn't changed
When did you start noticing the symptoms? just a minute ago
Have you started treating your fish? no
Does your fish have any history of being ill? no, but i just got her. I've only had her for 2 weeks
How old is your fish (approximately)? No idea

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
White poo in a female can be either from internal parasites, or eggs. Females will get eggy and either absorb the eggs or expel and often eat the eggs. This causes white or "Cream" coloured poo. It's gross, but natural.

·
Registered
675 Posts
What if it is more whitish-grey and stringy...like it is thinner when it's this color? It's usually preceded and followed by normal color and consistency poop. Is this indicative of internal parasites?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So is she okay to stay in with my other girls?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok. What should i be looking out for?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Parasites are typically accompanied by lethargy, aggitation, or just off behavior.

(I know you aren't asking about this, but I personally feel your water changes need to be brought up to at least 50% water changes to keep the water clean and help prevent the spread of any possible illness.)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Parasites are typically accompanied by lethargy, aggitation, or just off behavior.

(I know you aren't asking about this, but I personally feel your water changes need to be brought up to at least 50% water changes to keep the water clean and help prevent the spread of any possible illness.)
Thank you for the advice on both topics. My water change amount is based off of http://aqadvisor.com but I can easily do larger changes in the future.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah.. My betta fish has got that too. I read online that it was a parasite, so I tried medications. That didn’t really work, but I also read online that I was feeding him too little. I started to feed him 3 bloodworms a day, and now, he does not have that white, stringy poop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.