Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats Betta, my betta fish. He made this crazy nest while living in this bowl for some months and did nothing in his previously 10g. He had fin and tail rot and eveything is growing back but with a transparent white coloration. However, the blue color when his body reflects light is better. He also has a friend, a ramshorn snail.

Im using the shrimpflakes, betta nutridiet and vibra bites as nutrition and some alive insects.

Any observations in his tail conditions? If any extra information is needed, please ask.

Edit: im planning a 5g nano tank for him.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
RusselltheShihTzu
20,580 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! (y)

He's looking really good. You've done a great job.

I believe Betta should be in the test that suits them; not me. If you've owned these fish long enough, you learn that not all of them are comfortable in a large tank. Some of them are more secure in a smaller tank or bowl. I've had them that fin bit in equally planted tanks until they hit the 2.5. I would assume that was because they felt secure and comfortable.

My favorite tank size for Betta is a 5.5 so I hope your boy enjoys his when it becomes his new home.

BTW, that clear regrowth makes him look particularly unique, doesn't it?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I believe Betta should be in the test that suits them; not me. If you've owned these fish long enough, you learn that not all of them are comfortable in a large tank. Some of them are more secure in a smaller tank or bowl. I've had them that fin bit in equally planted tanks until they hit the 2.5. I would assume that was because they felt secure and comfortable.

My favorite tank size for Betta is a 5.5 so I hope your boy enjoys his when it becomes his new home.

BTW, that clear regrowth makes him look particularly unique, doesn't it?
Thank you very much, he is definitely a fighter and an unique survivor. Ive been with him fighting against fin rot, mouth fungus and others issues. (Also pet stores treatment lol)

This is the nano 5g im preparing for him. I will wait for the plants to grow and the fauna to be stable before adding him.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I added a 2/5 piece of almond leave yesterday, did i do the right thing?
I cant upload pictures cause my cap of the month has expired.

The water is turning slightly yellowish.

Should i change water today? When should i take the almond leave out?

·
RusselltheShihTzu
20,580 Posts
Indian Almond Leaves are always a good addition to any Betta tank. They have antibacterial and antifungal properties and said to be calming.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
INTRODUCTION COMPLETED

I didn't acclimate cause the water parameters and temperature were the same.

After 2 months of planning, completing, and waiting I introduced my thought and survivor betta to its 5g planted community tank.
- parameters are the ideal for a thriving betta.
-first nest done after ~15 hours
-notable betta complete knowledge of its surroundings in a few hours.
-betta is peacefully comfortable with snails (stares at them for minutes and minutes without showing signs of aggression or threat) and shrimps (however an aggressive behavior was noticed in the first 2 days but none after that)
-betta is changing color and healthy

I changed some positions and added more substrate, changed plants, trimmed a few times, removed shrimps at one time, and reintroduced them (other specific cause). I changed the hour time and light distance for the best results with this setup, and it's is 8 hours and ~20 minutes (depending on plant growth and its direction, for me). Also, I spotted some copepods I think, microcrustaceans.

Filter with 3 sponge set up, biomedia, one pad, outake control... I don't know, but I was thinking about the vibrations in the glass and how it could affect a small environment. So I added 2 super fine sponges outside the tank stopping the filter vibration power a little bit.

That's the results:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow! What a little betta paradise! Great job!
I feel good knowing it's like a "paradise" hahaha. Thanks.

The plants will grow a lot and make it even better in the future. I'm also planning a breeding stimulation for the betta and the introduction of pom pom crabs after later studies.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I feel good knowing it's like a "paradise" hahaha. Thanks.

The plants will grow a lot and make it even better in the future. I'm also planning a breeding stimulation for the betta and the introduction of pom pom crabs after later studies.

I am terrible at scaping, seriously awful. I always lust after these beautiful, natural earthy looking tanks and think mine are so pathetic haha.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am terrible at scaping, seriously awful. I always lust after these beautiful, natural earthy looking tanks and think mine are so pathetic haha.
Let me tell u a secret...I didn't make it at once. I escaped during the time, also I did not even place the spider wood like that, the rocks, or the leaves. I just let them fall while escaping or after. Wherever they land...they stay.

I create caves and landscapes after that, based on what (probably) would be the place it would occur. It's not hard, it's not a mastermind thing. It's simply the dumbest thing ever, throwing things in your tank and not even picking it up.

I do the same "strategy" with all my tanks and things for animals. Here for example, he dried leafs (in the pictures below) landed after floating away, I did not touch it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Let me tell u a secret...I didn't make it at once. I escaped during the time, also I did not even place the spider wood like that, the rocks, or the leaves. I just let them fall while escaping or after. Wherever they land...they stay.

I create caves and landscapes after that, based on what (probably) would be the place it would occur. It's not hard, it's not a mastermind thing. It's simply the dumbest thing ever, throwing things in your tank and not even picking it up.

I do the same "strategy" with all my tanks and things for animals. Here for example, he dried leafs (in the pictures below) landed after floating away, I did not touch it.

I love that strategy!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quick update guys, im sorry i couldnt post the video here but thats the link for it:

So... i added a picture, u guys disdt come here for nothing as well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My Betta died today...
He was weird yesterday, looking for something or somewhere. He was eating well, parameters were good, shrimps and snails healthy and thriving as well as the plants. He was redoing his nest apparently and suddenly died overnight.

When I first woke up yesterday he didn't have a single sign of parasite, fungus, sickness, bladder inflammation, or anything. No white eye nor lethargy...at night he was with his head put of water for a few minutes and then when I appeared he started acting normal and answering my commands.

I bought dragon scale and introduced him to the tank tdy

·
Premium Member
1,203 Posts
Ah, I’m sorry that your betta died. Unexpected/unexplained fish death has happened to a lot of us. Will you post a pic of your new dragon? I love dragons.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ah, I’m sorry that your betta died. Unexpected/unexplained fish death has happened to a lot of us. Will you post a pic of your new dragon? I love dragons.
Well, i think my Betta was old and really weak cause he had a lot of issues during his lifetime. This new one is smaller and looks younger as well. Exploring everything, biting everything...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts