Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never looked so closely on the walls of my aquariums, but I found white specks on both of my betta tanks, sorority and divided. There is a lot of algae in the sorority, but the divided has none, and it still has the My fish are still active, eating, and are acting normal, but I'm worried of what this could be. I'm not sure if it has always been like this but I just noticed yesterday. They're the size of a spot of ick, all different types too. I used a macro lens to take these pictures.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Looks like a Cyclops to me! Planaria is very common in tanks that are just a little overfed and doing well. Usually a sign of a fairly healthy a tank, doing a water change will get rid of them. They are harmless and can be a great snack for your fish! ;-)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like a Cyclops to me! Planaria is very common in tanks that are just a little overfed and doing well. Usually a sign of a fairly healthy a tank, doing a water change will get rid of them. They are harmless and can be a great snack for your fish! ;-)
Thank you so much! I'm going to upload a few more things to make sure :)

·
Registered
988 Posts
I have a lot of these in one of my tanks. I've been wondering what they are! My betta likes to hunt them down and eat them. He's starting to get fat, haha.

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Yep, that's all Planaria!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts