Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I started a 10 gal aquarium for my Betta about 3-4 months ago. I have Eco-Complete substrate, Java fern, a couple different Anubias, banana plants and one plant I don’t remember the name of. I also have driftwood (boiled) and botanicals (also boiled) added in there. Along with my Betta, I have 3 Amano shrimp and I’ve noticed a couple hitchhiker snails recently.
My water levels are good and tested a couple times a week. My water changes are usually about 30-50% once per week. My guy gets fed twice a day and gets about 4-5 pellets total. I now have a bubbler in the tank, which is not showed in the bottom picture.
I just started noticing little white specs floating through the tank and being blown around by the filter. Then after looking closer, they’re moving around on the glass of my tank. 😝 Should I be worried? What can I get to eat them? Do I need to treat the water and/or remove the Betta?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Believe it may be infusoria.
I did some googling on infusoria. It doesn't seem like something I should be worried about. Is that correct? I know in a natural environment, there are all kinds of microorganisms that are present in the water, so although I'm a little grossed out, I'm not too concerned. I was just more so worried whether or not it was a parasite or an over population could be an issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts