Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey went to check my fish an hour ago and he appears to have a little white scratch on his head. It doesn't look like a growth, more of an injury. I'll keep an eye out on it. Put some stress coat in. Did a water change yesterday. He didn't have any of it yesterday. I did put bloodworms in for his weekly treat and he may have been digging to get some of the ones he missed. May have scratched him!? I keep a high level of maintenance on this tank and doesn't look fungal related. Thoughts!? Tried to get a pic but thats hard!

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Hmmm let hope its just a scratch. =( I am dealing with lumps and bumps on my bettas as well.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEEcwnFQ9qE

Here is a video of it. I came back from running around a couple hours and I noticed it. I did feed him bloodworms and some get wedged in the gravel. Thinking he just really was going for a difficult one.

Bare with the camera work. It was very hard for my guy to behave for pictures.

You can't see it with the camera, but it looks more like cracked skin. Not so much something growing on skin. If you know what I mean!

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
I see the white spot but it is hard to tell what it might be.

What I would do, is keep the water clean and if you have any stress coat or Indian almond leaves, that will help with the healing process. If it starts to get larger like a lump, then it might be a tumar or lymphocystis which there is no cure for.
But since you said he was digging around for that once piece of food, it may just me a scratch. =)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts