Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm treating my female betta for ich atm, and because salt treatment wasn't turning up any results, I swapped over to API Super Ick treatment (with malachite green). It's been about a day since I medicated, and I've noticed twice that she has had a long string of white poop hanging from her.

Is this a sign of internal parasites? It doesn't seem mucous-y, and she's acting normal, twitchy swimming from ich aside. I'm really worried though - just because she isn't really showing any symptoms, I don't want to overlook something.

How do I treat it if it is?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Um. Something to add, just in case it's relevant: her weekly diet is 5 days of Hikari Bio Betta pellets (twice a day), then some Hikari frozen blood worms on Saturday (once), then fasting on Sunday.

I soaked the pellets in garlic juice for the second feeding today because I heard that it helps deal with parasites and promotes betta health in general, but should I go ahead and move on to an API General Cure + Epsom salt treatment?

·
Registered
162 Posts
It could be parasite. I'm sorry I am new here too but i just wanted to answer you so you wouldnt be alone. A parasite is what it sounds like

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah. I thought as much. Thankfully, her poop is starting to look more normal now, so it might pass on its own.

Thanks for the second opinion! I appreciate the thought.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts