Betta Fish Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I'm honestly not sure... how would I know? The white fins made me nervous it was fin rot. After the treatment his color seems to be more purple vs white and stopped spreading. I don't want to treat him for something else if we don't know what's wrong. I'm open to suggestions/info on the color changing but I think fish change colors everywhere and within a week? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
19,479 Posts
Betta can take months for a color change to complete and can color change at any time in their life. However, I was wrong that Einstein was color changing-only. Am glad Veloran else stepped in with suggestions beyond such.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
:) What should I look for in the next few days to determine if I should treat him with another dose of the Macalyn? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
19,479 Posts
Is he active? Eating? Are there more raised areas?

If he were mine I would take daily photos and watch him for at least a week. You might not need to do another round of antibiotics.

·
Super Moderator
2,521 Posts
Give him some time, look for any swelling or odd activities.
His caudal fins look healthier (maybe he's not biting as much) and it seems like what I thought was swelling looks to be coming down a bit. He may still marble and change color but he's getting that torpedo look to his body back.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Looks like he is starting to get more of the discoloration/white color more towards his left cheek and very small amount below his right eye. He's eating, swimming around, and acting fine... I woke up at 5am today and he was sleeping soundly on the bottom of his tank (is that normal)? As soon as he noticed me there he swam right over to say hello. I haven't ordered the Kanaplex yet because I was waiting to see how he did with the Macalyn. Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
2,521 Posts
Sleeping on the bottom of the tank is dependent on the betta. They usually like to stuff themselves into or behind something near the surface, but it's no unusual for them to nap at the bottom of the tank.
Hold off on anything else, he had two issues going on. There's the odd shape and what looked to be some fluid retention on his head and by his dorsal, plus the state of his fins and he is also appears to be doing some interesting and aggressive marbling. As mentioned, he's getting back that slender shape and the fins look healthier, keep his tank clean and let's see how he progresses.
As long as he's eating fine and exploring his tank, I'm not as much worried about the color change.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts