Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So today I was looking through the bettas at petsmart and this girl and her mom were looking too... the girl picked up a half moon male and showed him to her mom who promptly says he's "ugly and has no color" then demands that the person working dump the fish into some clear water so they can see him better out of the blue water in the cup.... then they look at him while the mom tells her daughter that she should get a small betta cause they "grow to the size of the bowl they're in" SMH!! They decide against the half moon whose not "pretty enough" and put him back on the shelf where I promptly grab him and run haha. I tried to talk to the woman but she clearly wanted nothing to do with me!

So check out my new "Ugly" Betta (He needs a name!!)

They also picked up this guy, saying he was weird and ugly cause he was white, and it was "freaky" they found all of the gorgeous ones for me! Haha

And then I picked up this little rescue, such a skinny skinny boy!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Wow, all of these fish are GORGEOUS! I have no idea what that mom and daughter were thinking.....I laughed so hard when I read this!! I had a similar experience happen to me, though this girl who was younger than me grabbed the fish I wanted out of my hand and showed it to her mom. I was shocked, and apparently so was my mom who was with me, and walked over to the girl and demanded for the fish back. That fish ended up being Caesar who I still currently have. :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'd take the ugly one any day of the week. They're all beautiful really. I can't wait to see your rescue when he's feeling better.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Oh my gosh the first one is amazing wow... Second one is really pretty and the third one is so cute and small

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Wow, lucky fish for being so "ugly" Made the difference between a great home and what I'll assume would have been torture. Whatever pretty fish they picked will soon be dull and ugly anyways. xD
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats the best part, this guy wasn't colorful enough for them, but the little guy they got was a veiltail with a brown body and orange fins...

·
Registered
753 Posts
Ugly? :shock:... Wow that lady probably even thinks that colorful birds like Parrots and Rainbows are ugly too :crazy: LOL Your fish are BEAUTIFUL!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
LOL, what a dumb lady, your fish are gorgeous!!! 'its ugly' i would die for that white/blue one!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Haha the mom and daughter were crazy. I would love to find a betta like the ones you found. I would take him home in a heartbeat. Although, I do like to bring home the ones that look miserable and that I know no one will want so I can give them a good home :3 People tend to forget that fish are not "accessories" they're living creatures that have personalities like every other living thing out there. I love watching them perk up and let their personalities shine when you bring them home.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I swear, that lady must have been missing both of her eyes! >:C He is gorgeous!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.