Votes: 14 58.3%
  • Dizzy

Votes: 6 25.0%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I've had a heck of a time trying to get the fry to raise. My past spawns resulted in one fry (died), no fry (ate eggs), no fry (refused to breed), no fry (ate eggs) and now one one fry (currently alive in his little cup). I learned that Smitty is infertile and that Walter may just be too darn old. I want to try again but I want your guy's input on who. Who you think would be best? I'll post pictures so you can really see who I'm talking about.
ok so first a little about the girl.
Popcorn- She's about 4 months old. She's a wildcard when it comes to genes but her dad was a HM and has the double tail geno. She's a white/blue marble, with a yellow cellophane butterfly pattern, and light dragons scaling. Pretty much fully grown and thick bodied. She's pretty easy to breed overall (tried once before).

Ok so these are the boys.
Patrick- My oldest boy, I've had him for a year. He's a HM blue/green/red in coloring. No marble or butterfly, just a normal colored fish with the red only on his pelvic fins. The rest of his body is a greenish blue. He's very metallic looking and he might have light dragon scaling as well. He's a big boy but now giant. Like I said he's kinda old, but recently, he's been maintaining a bubble nest. So maybe not too old huh?

Black Beard- One of my new boys. CT white, with iridescent scales and black marbling. He's just barley 2 inches, if only just. He's been making little bubble nests in his tank.

Dizzy- My other new boy. He's a HMPK with dragon scales. He's little compared to my other boys. I think he may be too young, but what is too young for boys? I showed him his reflection and he started to wiggle. He's a greenish blue dragon scale with red and iridescent green on his fins. He's also got those beautiful black spots on his dorsal fin.

Alright so the pics are in order of fish introduced.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I say Popcorn and Black Beard.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I too vote Black Beard, the colors match, although there is a question if you would get CT or not. Depends if Popcorn carries it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I agree :) I think popcorn and black beard as long as there wouldn't be any problem between a crowntail and double tail geno

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
I'd go with the halfmoon.

BTW your HMPK boy looks like a wild hybrid (body and dorsal and anal fins).

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
i like the HMPK, because it will sharpen the HM/DT edges, shortened fins, etc etc
i wouldn't breed Patrick because he will lack the energy that a young male will need, energy i mean he needs to be energetic.
the CT is beautiful, but i wouldn't want webbings in the spawn, unless you want to.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BTW your HMPK boy looks like a wild hybrid (body and dorsal and anal fins).
He's really young. I don't think he's fully grown but I can see the wild your talking about. Thats where the spots come from right:?

OK and the voting is showing Black Beard in the lead lol I'm going to go with the winner from the votes. Won't hurt my chances any

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know, kinda makes want to attempt to get one...I thought he looked kinda neat.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm going to start conditioning tonight, Black Beard is winning the poll :p

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah. Besides Dizzy needs to get a bit bigger :p

·
Registered
234 Posts
I love the look of that double tail CT but how can you achieve that??? A CT male with a DT female? I'd love to attempt it.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I know my female has the double tail gene and I think my CT might as well. She has that knot (that and it was on her gene sheet when I bought her) and my male has a similar knot in his tail. Either way there is a slight chance of the babies having double tails. It's just weather or not they'll be CT or HM, or something completely different...

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Black Beard.:)

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So do I. I'm hoping I'll get fry this time. I've had a lot of disappointments.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts