Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I name mine Phoenix because he has fins and a tail that reminds my of flames.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I named mine Gooberfish because I like Star Wars. :-D

·
Registered
497 Posts
Dead Sunlight- He bears a magenta-red head that blends into the mettalic purple of his body.

Fallen Leaves- His marbling color, an orangish-black, reminds me of Autumn leaves falling from trees.

If you have read, you probably know my type of namestyle now...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Fun thread! :-D

Alpha, formerly Fishbert - "Fishy" for short - all our red veiltails have been named Fishie, Fishy, Fishee....so we started calling him Fishy like usual but he's turning out to be a big guy so I gave him a bigger name. But now my husband wants to change his name to Alpha, after I showed him this story:
http://www.alaskadiamondwillow.com/sad_story_of_alpha_betta.htm

Wispy - He was all fin & bones when he joined us about a week ago. He looks like a wisp of purple smoke. He's still very thin but is looking a lot better.

Beta - We just received him yesterday (another gift from his mom.... I told her that after this one, I now have no more room for another betta). He's a dark royal blue VT. I don't know what else to call him.

Moondance - My first Aquabid fish! And the only betta I ever got to pick out myself!! He's a light gold halfmoon and looks like the moon dancing when he swims/does his betta wiggle.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Caesar: My first Aquabid Betta, he is currently my avatar.
King: Really original, because he is a King Betta
Apollo: I don't know, it just suits him.
Blade: He is a black orchid, with an attitude.
Jaden: Again, I don't know. I really like that name.
Red: He is a Red CT BF.
Nova: My only dragon scale. I really like his name. He had red fins, but he had a run in with some tetras. Let's say I don't like tetras anymore.
Nala and Simba: Both yellow VTs
Tanya: It means Princess, and she was my only VT for a while.
Queeny: Same color as my King, had to have a Queen.
Crimson: My unknown fish that is a Red color.
Noname: Still need a name for my female CT. Hee hee

·
Registered
268 Posts
I named berry cause he looks like a berry...he's pink and blue kinda like a special berry. .-.

And I named bruteroot that because on a refrence, and because he acts all tough but he really isn't.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yayz!

I'm glad you guys like this thread! I thought it would be a fun one!

:BIGcool:

·
Registered
963 Posts
alright here is all of my bettas

DEMYX- a character from kingdom hearts, his colors are purple, blue and white

CIELO- means cloud in spanish, cielo is whitish pearl colored

HeLIOS- god of the sun, helios is gold like the sun

JAZZ- named in memory of Techno R.I.P and his colors reminded me of jazz music

STORM- named in memory of the firefighters that died in the Storm King Mountain fire in Glenwood Spring, CO... his colors also remind me of a storm he is red and white... i got storm in Glenwood so thats also were i got the reference

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lawl.

When I was little I had a beta that I thought was a male. ;-) I had some tetras at the time and I named them after the stars of The Golden Girls. The tetras' names were Dorathy, Blanch, and Rose. I decided that I would name my beta Sophia. The funny thing is that I was only around three when I named the fish! :rofl:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oops!

I ment to say that I thought Sophia was a female! :crazy:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sterling- after Sterling knight (i'm a bit of a Disney nerd, lol)
Electrocution Boy- looooong story haha
Hollywood- Idk it just suits him....
Meringue- after her yellowey color :p:p:p

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I named Genie because his colors reminded me of a character from Aladin and Genie was my favorite. Alas 3 weeks later I remembered his colors actually reminded me of Aladin not Genie. =P Oops.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I named my male halfmoon crescent because it reminded me of the half moon. I named my female eclipse because my males name was going to be lunar. (get it, lunar eclipse)

·
Registered
195 Posts
I named mine Marlin. I got it from someone who named their fish Merlin. I don't have him yet but I loved that name.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Most of my names just came to me xD
But i named Puck, Puck, because hes kind of girly looking in a way (hes pink, and red, and white) but he acts like a total dude. I wanted something that was kinda manly but then like not really xD So, puck, the fairy from A Midsummer Night's Dream by Shakespeare :D
Patchy because he has random patches of colour in him, he has like dark blue, grey, the dalmation pattern (pinky with dark red spots) and green.
Stitch, because hes very stitch-like (from Lilo and Stitch) :) and hes blue
Oh and Meeko, because he looks native and meeko's the raccoon in Phocahontas

·
Registered
209 Posts
alright here is all of my bettas

DEMYX- a character from kingdom hearts, his colors are purple, blue and white

CIELO- means cloud in spanish, cielo is whitish pearl colored

HeLIOS- god of the sun, helios is gold like the sun

JAZZ- named in memory of Techno R.I.P and his colors reminded me of jazz music

STORM- named in memory of the firefighters that died in the Storm King Mountain fire in Glenwood Spring, CO... his colors also remind me of a storm he is red and white... i got storm in Glenwood so thats also were i got the reference
I love those games!

All of mine are just named by whatever popped into my head at the time!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I love this thread! Everyone's names are so fun!

Jelly- because I had gone to the store to get that all american staple: the PB&J and then noticed her all small and emaciated at the LPS. (She looked like she could have used a PB&J herself!)
Pina- because my roomie and I were laughing hysterically and somehow the word Pinata popped out of her mouth. =P

1 - 20 of 39 Posts