Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is genuinely amazing to me how interesting I find these fish! Our last betta didn't last long and got an odd illness that I spent much time and googling and medicine trying to help.

This guy is incredibly aware and interactive, and seems to have expressive fins- like they pop up when he's curious about something. He's really fun to watch. My understanding is that he has the marble coloration, which means it may change over time. Sorry the glass is so dirty and I'm not good at taking non-blurry pics.

He's the sole fish in a planted 20g (just shrimp & snails). It's an NPT, which has been fishless since October and my care has consisted of entirely ignoring it, which went fine...We went by our independent, largely ethical LFS (they aim for tank bred and their staff is genuinely knowledgeable- no tiny betta cups) and my 14yo daughter just had to have him.

He was labeled a 'candy galaxy', but I realize labels don't mean much.

Thanks for looking and for sharing my odd hobby :)

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
It is genuinely amazing to me how interesting I find these fish! Our last betta didn't last long and got an odd illness that I spent much time and googling and medicine trying to help.

This guy is incredibly aware and interactive, and seems to have expressive fins- like they pop up when he's curious about something. He's really fun to watch. My understanding is that he has the marble coloration, which means it may change over time. Sorry the glass is so dirty and I'm not good at taking non-blurry pics.

He's the sole fish in a planted 20g (just shrimp & snails). It's an NPT, which has been fishless since October and my care has consisted of entirely ignoring it, which went fine...We went by our independent, largely ethical LFS (they aim for tank bred and their staff is genuinely knowledgeable- no tiny betta cups) and my 14yo daughter just had to have him.

He was labeled a 'candy galaxy', but I realize labels don't mean much.

Thanks for looking and for sharing my odd hobby :)
Absolutely gorgeous! And they are very interesting creatures. Wonderful to have around in my opinion. :)

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
The pictures are very good and he is a beauty. Every betta I have has his own personality. I truly think that betta know that they are loved by their keepers and love to show off, to give that love back. The more we watch them the more we understand that hey really do interact with us.

good luck with this one and I hope he remains very healthy for many many years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts