Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IM so confused..
About a month ago i posted pictures of my boy and most of you said it was tail bighting, most likely caused because at the time he was in a little bowl, but now Stitch is in a five galllon home, and is filtered and constantly kept at a good temp..
For about two weeks now ive been noticing re growth.. When feeding him this morning he was fine, i left and went to lunch with my boyfriend, so i was gone maybe a little over and hr and half,but just now i looked, and hes been at it again!
almost destroying all the improvements of his regrowth, my boy is very active and i sit next to him on my computer most of the day for school , and usually he sits right there watching me and i just love him so much, maybe im crazy.. but i love to talk to him and tell him how cute he is..and when i leave i come right back to say hello to him.. I dance at night time, but i am pretty sure to keep him busy during the meantime..
soo what can i do??=/

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Is the filter intake and outtake baffled? It could have been his fins sucked in, or he doesnt like having a filter... Maybe everyday put different things in front of his tank, like stuffed animals, figurines, pictures, things like that. Change the items to new things every day, maybe that'll help?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Or float a ping-pong ball in it. You couls also add a bubbler.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
to be honest.. i went and bought sponges for the filter at petco, but i really dont get where im supposed to put them=/ i have looked at several pics on here of peoples, but my filter is different.. but maybe something like that did happen when i was gone, i sure hope not! that would be really horrible=[
but maybe thats a good idea give him new surroundings.. thank youuu[=

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So is this just a matter of boredom? I have a whisper filter, and i see where the in and outake are.. should i put a sponge over both of those?
I really appreciate the feedback[=

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I put a sponge just over the outake filter, I have a Fluval Edge pre-filter that supposed to slow the intake.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that is the waterfall part right just to make sure?
and i have a whisper filter? its like long and cylinder like..
do u think i should invest in another filter?

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
The waterfall part is the outtake :D Just put a sponge on the waterfall, and hold it in place by using an elastic band that wraps around the filter itself and the sponge! The intake you just wrap a sponge around it and tie it in place using a thread of some sort.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The waterfall part is the outtake :D Just put a sponge on the waterfall, and hold it in place by using an elastic band that wraps around the filter itself and the sponge! The intake you just wrap a sponge around it and tie it in place using a thread of some sort.
So then you suggest baffling both ends?[=

thank you soo much!

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
So then you suggest baffling both ends?[=

thank you soo much!
Yeah, I'd baffle both ends. That would really slow down the water flow, making your betta happier :) Mine got torn fins from the intake once, so its better to be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I HATED that filter. :/
I switched to an air pump style instead.
It tore my fish's fins up a bit, too. Just small rips.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts