Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1) 25 litres, Espresso the betta,2) 60 litres with 2 blue rams,3) my cat!
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So...... I've been asking @NoodleTheMysteryBetta questions on wilds lately..... I ended up that I shouldn't get some right now, after all, it's almost impossible to find wilds in Greece....
I went to the pet store, to buy a veiltail. They didn't have variety, so I went to another lfs. Not much either. They only had marbles, kois, galaxys, nemos etc, and I'm not having any luck with them, unfortunately. So, I went to another lfs, still nothing I liked... In the fourth lfs, I saw a wild betta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They told me I can order any betta I wanted!!!!!!!!! I mean, that's awesome!!!!!! So.... I've been thinking about a pair of Betta Albimargiata. What do you think? Any recomendations no which species I should get are welcome! I also love Brownorums and Hendras.

Ammonia: 0
Nitrite:0
Nitrate:0 (tank is cycled, I promise)
pH:6.6
Hardness (GH):6 thats strips, so not so accurate
Alkalinity (KH):6 same with gh

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, the lfs guy will be able to order the fish in 20 days, and they'll be here after a week, so I've almost got a month to study. I love studying on fish 🥰

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Already changed my mind😅 I think I'll get the hendras...! The Albimarginata seem to be too big for my tank.... I'll buy aquarium peat in a few days, I'll put some more dried leaves, and add waaaay more plants. I'm doing tons of research, so I won't be really active those days. I'd LOVE some imput from you, and maybe some articles you think I should read!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Oh I’m so excited for you!!! Here’s a photo of my female hendra back when I had her.
Plant Terrestrial plant Natural landscape Aquatic plant Grass

Plant Water Organism Terrestrial plant Fin

Plant Terrestrial plant Grass Groundcover Leaf vegetable

I had her a few years back and I miss her, she was an awesome little fish. She would color up and down in the blink of an eye, it would really help you get an idea of how she was feeling. I don’t have any reading in particular for you, sorry!

Please keep this thread updated on what you learn and everything else relating to this new adventure!

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply! Your girl was gorgeous! I'm so sorry you lost her.... Yes, I'll keep the thread updated, and tomorrow I'll post photos of the tank with some plants and leaves added.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ordered them!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sooooooooo excited!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
About the peat... I'm most probably getting this one.FLUVAL PEAT GRANULES 500GR How often should I change it and how much should l use?

·
Registered
Betta mahahchaiensis, Betta imbellis, Betta alien, Betta smaragdina (copper)
30 Posts
Good thing you use live plants in the tank! They'll certainly like that.
Have you though about Indian Almond leaves as an alternative? Or what's your goal using the peat?
I don't have a lot of experience with peat so I can't help you I fear.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I use dried platanus and banana leaves instead of ials. They do the same thing. I'm using peat cause I want to lower my ph to something closer to 5.5-6.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts