Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

Registered
60 litres with 2 blue rams, my cat!
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So...... I've been asking @NoodleTheMysteryBetta questions on wilds lately..... I ended up that I shouldn't get some right now, after all, it's almost impossible to find wilds in Greece....
I went to the pet store, to buy a veiltail. They didn't have variety, so I went to another lfs. Not much either. They only had marbles, kois, galaxys, nemos etc, and I'm not having any luck with them, unfortunately. So, I went to another lfs, still nothing I liked... In the fourth lfs, I saw a wild betta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They told me I can order any betta I wanted!!!!!!!!! I mean, that's awesome!!!!!! So.... I've been thinking about a pair of Betta Albimargiata. What do you think? Any recomendations no which species I should get are welcome! I also love Brownorums and Hendras.

Ammonia: 0
Nitrite:0
Nitrate:0 (tank is cycled, I promise)
pH:6.6
Hardness (GH):6 thats strips, so not so accurate
Alkalinity (KH):6 same with gh

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, the lfs guy will be able to order the fish in 20 days, and they'll be here after a week, so I've almost got a month to study. I love studying on fish 馃グ

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Already changed my mind馃槄 I think I'll get the hendras...! The Albimarginata seem to be too big for my tank.... I'll buy aquarium peat in a few days, I'll put some more dried leaves, and add waaaay more plants. I'm doing tons of research, so I won't be really active those days. I'd LOVE some imput from you, and maybe some articles you think I should read!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply! Your girl was gorgeous! I'm so sorry you lost her.... Yes, I'll keep the thread updated, and tomorrow I'll post photos of the tank with some plants and leaves added.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I use dried platanus and banana leaves instead of ials. They do the same thing. I'm using peat cause I want to lower my ph to something closer to 5.5-6.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They'll be here in 10-15 days! Added peat as substrate, and the water is black! Ph is 5.5. And I only added 100 ml!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Added some branches and got some better photos. In real life it's darker but more beautiful than in the photos

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Aaaaand.... I convinced my parents to get a 30 gallon long!! It's the nuvo one. I found it second hands for 50 euros! So, that's where the hendras will go!! I'll give away the 6 gallon to a neighbor/ my mothers friend who wants a betta. I'll not buy a new filter, I know that the one I have is tiny, but it's just 2 fish in 30 gallons, you know. I won't buy a new heater either, the 50 watt is gonna be ok, after all the room temp is always higher than 24 degrees Celsius.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My parents want me to go to a camp. I told them - to go to this camp, you need to let me buy this tank(I'll pay for it). That was it, they agreed!! The nuvo tank actually is broken ( the man who sells it told us). So I searched a bit more, and found an 100*30 for 25 euros!! It even has lights!! It's not in the best shape, but that's ok by me.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I HATE camps. All I want is stay home with my pets. But I can do anything for a 30 gallon. :ROFLMAO: Also, I hope you can get your nerite soon!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The fish are here! They're really dull in color, a light brownish color, and 2,5 cm. They're into the 6 gallon, which has base measurements of 23 x 32. I haven't even seen them at the hole time, they're hiding. The tank is also here. It actually is not a 30, but a 44 gallon long. 2 fish in that huuuuge tank?? I'm not so sure if that's gonna work out for me.... Please, give me your opinion. Do you think I should put them in the 44 or keep them in the 6 and get unimaculatas for the 44?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
So....my parents say I can only keep two tanks. Now I have the 15 long with my ram pair and their fry which I will rehome and the 6 with the hendras, which need to go in the 15 gallon. My ram pair are really peaceful, especially now that they're getting older. So I think that they'll be fine with the hendra pair. Aaaaand I also managed to take photos of the hendras!!
Plant Water Fish supply Organism Pet supply
Plant Water Fish supply Organism Pet supply
Plant Vertebrate Water Light Nature

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks, @Feanor!! I'm thinking about dividing the 44 tank and give 20 gallons to the rams and 24 to another fish, probably unimaculatas. And then, I'll put the hendras in the 15. How does that sound? Also, the hendras are really dull in color, I guess it's from the stress of shipping? I'm worried for them, I want them to be happy. Even though they're so stressed, the male is already dancing to the female, and the female has breeding stripes. Which is crazy, they're here for less than 24 hours!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
They're looking.... Grey. But their behaviour is amazing! Much different than the domestic bettas. They spend all their time together.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts