Betta Fish Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

Registered
Many Platies, 1 Glofish, Many Goldfish and RRM's, Many Shrimp and Snails, 5 Birds.
My mom was the same way! She would cry herself to sleep because she had to go to camp. I have never gone to one before but It would be kinda fun to try it out lol. I really want a nerite for each of my tanks. T_T XD

• Haha
Reactions: betta4ever!

Registered
1) 25 litres, Espresso the betta,2) 60 litres with 2 blue rams,3) my cat!
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The fish are here! They're really dull in color, a light brownish color, and 2,5 cm. They're into the 6 gallon, which has base measurements of 23 x 32. I haven't even seen them at the hole time, they're hiding. The tank is also here. It actually is not a 30, but a 44 gallon long. 2 fish in that huuuuge tank?? I'm not so sure if that's gonna work out for me.... Please, give me your opinion. Do you think I should put them in the 44 or keep them in the 6 and get unimaculatas for the 44?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·

Registered
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
So....my parents say I can only keep two tanks. Now I have the 15 long with my ram pair and their fry which I will rehome and the 6 with the hendras, which need to go in the 15 gallon. My ram pair are really peaceful, especially now that they're getting older. So I think that they'll be fine with the hendra pair. Aaaaand I also managed to take photos of the hendras!!
Plant Water Fish supply Organism Pet supply
Plant Water Fish supply Organism Pet supply
Plant Vertebrate Water Light Nature

Super Moderator
You could leave the Hendras in the 6 gal and move the Ramirezis into the 44 gal once it is ready.
Then use the 15 for the Hendras later on and hope for fry there.
This would leave you with the 6 gal as a hospital tank or spawning tank for the Hendras if you want to separate them for spawning only to get more fry.

The 15 is too small for the Ramirezis and the Hendras and the Ramirezis are far too territorial anyway.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks, @Feanor!! I'm thinking about dividing the 44 tank and give 20 gallons to the rams and 24 to another fish, probably unimaculatas. And then, I'll put the hendras in the 15. How does that sound? Also, the hendras are really dull in color, I guess it's from the stress of shipping? I'm worried for them, I want them to be happy. Even though they're so stressed, the male is already dancing to the female, and the female has breeding stripes. Which is crazy, they're here for less than 24 hours!

Reactions: FishandBirdLover

Registered
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
They're looking.... Grey. But their behaviour is amazing! Much different than the domestic bettas. They spend all their time together.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Time for an update. I had a fight with my parents, and at the end they told me I'm not allowed to use the 44 gallon. And that I'll never buy any more fish again. I'm a bit, just a biiiiiit mad at them, as you can understand, but well, that's life.
Sooooo.....I really need to breed the fish I have to stay in the hobby.

Update on the hendras. Well, I will be honest. They're the best fishies ever!! I love them sooooo much! Watching them makes me extremely happy. They're also starting to color up. The male (which I named Lex) is soooo stupid. He's trying to build his bubble nest exactly where the flow from the filter goes. He also flares to the female (i named her Eleven) quite often. Eleven has some really bright breeding stripes. Those signs make me believe that they'll spawn soon. Oh, almost forgot that! I tried feeding them frozen brine shrimp/ daphnia /cyclops /discus food, and they ignore it. Now I feed them live bbs. There are no other live food options available here. I'll culture mosquito larvae, but that will only last for the summer months. Any ideas on how to get them inro frozen?

I promise I will post pics tomorrow!

Registered
Many Platies, 1 Glofish, Many Goldfish and RRM's, Many Shrimp and Snails, 5 Birds.
I am so sorry about you not being able to use the 44g or get anymore fish. I understand you. I'm 99% sure that I'll be moving halfway across the world in the next year or so. So, that means having to sell or give away my fish here in the US. Oops, lol. This is turning into my rant. XD

Anyways..

So excited about the hendras! Hopefully they'll have a nice and healthy batch of fry before long!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I'm so sorry that you will have to give away/ sell your fish... I'm also moving away in the next months, but the new house will be only a few blocks away from the house I live now. And I've already moved 3 times in the past.

And nope, this is not turning into your rant, and even if it did, I would not mind at all. You're free to write about anything 馃槂 (well, almost馃槣)

And yes, I'm so excited too!! I want fry sooooo much!

• Love

Registered
I'm so sorry that you will have to give away/ sell your fish... I'm also moving away in the next months, but the new house will be only a few blocks away from the house I live now. And I've already moved 3 times in the past.

And nope, this is not turning into your rant, and even if it did, I would not mind at all. You're free to write about anything 馃槂 (well, almost馃槣)

And yes, I'm so excited too!! I want fry sooooo much!
Thank you. I have never moved away before so this will be an experience. IDK how many kids my age have moved halfway across the world! I already know the language but I will have to practice.

Fingers crossed for you! 馃

• Love

Registered
I鈥檓 sorry about the fight you had with your parents, hopefully things calm down again and they loosen up on their fish restrictions for you. That being said, I鈥檓 SO glad you鈥檙e loving the hendras! Wild bettas just have a certain charm to them and it鈥檚 so much fun watching them interact, I鈥檓 glad you鈥檙e happy with them! Unfortunately I don鈥檛 have any suggestions other than trying to continue offering them little bits of the frozen food, maybe soak it in garlic and see if they鈥檙e more interested in it?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
The photos I promised:

Female:
Leaf Terrestrial plant Plant Twig Aquatic plant

See her breeding stripes?!
Male-
Leaf Plant Botany Terrestrial plant Tints and shades
Plant Liquid Nature Terrestrial plant Underwater

Registered
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
They're both starting to get some green irid, and they have grown about 5mm since I got them.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
  • Love

Registered
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Remember when I told you they don't eat frozen? Well, all I needed was some discus food (frozen beef hear). Now they eat anything frozen, just like they eat live. :)

Eleven looks like she's full of eggs. When she sees Lex, her breeding stripes become so bright! But then, when Lex gets close, she gets scared and swims away SUPER fast. This is confusing. Have you observed the same behaviour with your coccina complex wilds, @Feanor?

21 - 40 of 40 Posts