Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know their are some keepers of wild betta species on here and I was wondering if you would be willing to share some experience with me. I'm in the final stages of planning my stocking list and had been considering whether or not to do a centerpiece fish. Since my stocking is all nano fish (Boraras, Sundadanio, etc) and from Southeast Asia I was looking for a fish that would also fit that bill. Mainly I've looked at B. coccina, B. uberis, and B. rutilans. I especially like B. rutilans. I'm sure I'm missing other diminutive species but those are the ones I've seen for sale...and that didn't cost triple digits. I've read up on them online, but it's always nice to hear from those that have kept fish that I haven't. Does anyone have experience with small bettas in a community setting?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kfryman-I haven't kept dwarf gouramis since I was a kid, so we're talking 15 years. Don't know how true it is but I've heard that a lot of them have become pretty sickly since then. That worries me since I'm almost certainly going to have to order online. No LFS which sucks.

LittleBettaFish- This is a planted tank and not a blackwater one, so then that complex would be completely out. I have seen both of the species you suggested for sale, so I'll have to research them a bit more. If you don't mind what temperature do you keep them at? In the research I've done on wild bettas already I'm noticing a discrepency in temperature range. If it doesn't mesh with the fish I have already planned I will have to drop the idea altogether...at least until my next tank.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.