Betta Fish Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Can you audit the class while you are on the wait list? I bet a few people drop within the first month.

Unfortunately not possible. My fingers are crossed for someone to drop, but even if that happens--
All course section waiting lists for the upcoming semester/session have been closed. If you were on a waiting list for a class, you have been removed. . . . If you are still waiting for a class, you are advised to keep checking WebAdvisor for availability.
I don't even get notified! I have to manually search for the class every time to see if there's an open seat. :roll:

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Ugh, it wouldn't be hard to put an automatic notification system in ... I think.

So sorry to hear about those lost classes. A year is a long time to wait. Maybe you can find a website or free online course with activities to keep your skills sharp in the meantime? A problem a week keeps the doldrums away!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
I managed to sneak into Calc3 after checking the registration page multiple times a day. The class actually says it has -1 seats available now. The instructor looked a little overwhelmed, "There's 33 of you.. that's a lot."

I knew Statics would be intense, but I wasn't expecting to do proofs straight from day one! This professor let us introduce ourselves and had a nice pep-talk with us, asked us about our geometry/precalc history. Then he got all serious, knowing that we wouldn't know what we should know, and started teaching us some geometry that I definitely did not learn when I was in high school and proving it all to us so it'd stick in our heads. He ranted about how he was unhappy with the the geometry/precalc curriculum because of the disadvantage we who are looking to pursue higher mathematics are stuck in. There's only 10 students in Statics, crazy. We're about even split between math and engineering majors.

Thenn there's my introductory engineering class.. in which I'm the only girl out of 17 students. :-?:-?:-?:-?:-?

Now the fishies!
I've named the little girl Poppy and the pretty boy Gromwell. :-D

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hello BettaFish forums! Long time no see. 5 years in fact. Half a decade! Jeeze..

Mithra died of natural causes. Poppy died after a freak accident? One day she was fine, then I did a water change, and she was gone. Out of all the fish I've ever kept, her death really hit me because she was the sweetest little bean. She had such a good personality and I feel so sorry that my mistake shortened her life. Gromwell died during my move, maybe a little bit of stress, a little bit of poor upkeep (because of MY stress), and a lot to do with the weather during the move -- we moved during the winter of 2015 and that was the end.

So for a long while, I decided to stop with fish. I was in no place to care for one mentally after all my past fish died due to my failures. I never did finish my degree. I'd still like to. I expect to, even if it's not immediately. My girlfriend broke up with me. I went abroad and lived in my mother's home country for about half a year. I came home with a new dog. I was still depressed. But after I did a lot of soul searching, I finally managed to take care of my mental health and get into therapy. I'm doing SOO much better on a whole. I've been taking my dog out for a walk almost every day, though that'll come to a stop as winter becomes bitterer and bitterer.. I got a new boyfriend who I'm very serious with.. I'm working for a company where I think I really want to focus my career.

and..

after a long time of having no fishy friends...

I introduce Major Tom (whose name I hate but was named by my boyfriend after the character in David Bowie's songs :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,925 Posts
Welcome back! I'm glad that you rejoined us. Major Tom is gorgeous I know he'll have a great life with you.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts