Betta Fish Forum banner

wont eat

459 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  kphillips0899 
#1 ·
I got a new female betta. She won't eat. I tried tapping the surface but all she does is flirt with my male bettas:roll:. What should I do?

#2 ·
How long have you had her? How long since she last ate? Have you tried making it so she can't see the males?

Bettas can o a few days without eating and if she's still active I wouldn't worry much. Eventually she'll get hungry and the food will be more important than the pretty boys next door.

#5 ·
It can take a while for new bettas to eat. Sometimes a week or more. Just keep offering food once a day or every other day. Going through that right now with a new boy.

#6 ·
it took my boy perry about 2 weeks before he started eating (now he goes crazy for food). Sometimes bettas will eat right away and sometimes they need to adjust to their homes. Just give her food every day. I suggest high quality pellets like Omega One or New Life Spectrum (if money is a concern, Omega One pellets are actually the same price as any of lesser quality pellets). Just drop a pellet in and if she doesn't eat it, then remove it. Keep doing this every day, eventually she'll figure out she's supposed to eat it. Then she'll figure out that you are "the giver of food" and she'll always be happy to see you.

#7 ·
same a little over 2 weeks for my boy, now i only feed him hikari betta bio gold.
eats about 12 or so pellets a day split up in 2 feedings. Believe it or not my boy hated NLS...idk why.

but i wouldnt worry unless she is acting strange, or its been over 3 weeks. Bettas are able to go 30 or so days w/o eating so she will eat when shes ready :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.