Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got another order of plants in Since my last order that was suppose to be for my big tank went mostly to my 1 guys tank. So hopefully I don鈥檛 change my mind and add to my other guys tank instead of my big one. But who knows. My hubby will kill me if I do. Lol 馃槈

Premium Member
I sure love getting plants! When I get them it鈥檚 like getting a gift I really hoped for 馃槏 and the fish get more new plants so win/win all around.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I went to look at the tank to see where I may place them and low and behold I spotted new babies in the hornwort.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RTST do you like the nano Val ? I got the twisted Val. Looks good so we shall see. Let me know how the nano does. if it does nicely I will probably get it for my girls tank.

Super Moderator
It should be here tomorrow. Should have tanks finished by the weekend and will let you know what I think. I bought nana because it's the shortest.

Did find Ceratophyllum submesum (Soft/Tropical Hornwort) from an eBay seller. APF can't sell it because of CA laws about invasive species.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It should be here tomorrow. Should have tanks finished by the weekend and will let you know what I think. I bought nana because it's the shortest.

Did find Ceratophyllum submesum (Soft/Tropical Hornwort) from an eBay seller. APF can't sell it because of CA laws about invasive species.
No I haven鈥檛 seen it anywhere. When I type it in all I get it the definition of it. Lol

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea I鈥檓 surprised how fast I鈥檓 getting my plants right now. I鈥檓 getting them a day earlier than scheduled.

Super Moderator
The seller doesn't list it. I bought some Dwarf Lettuce and in the description he said he had 90 different plants and to ask about. I asked; he had. All I've found for sale prior was in Great Britain.

What plants besides the Val did you get?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got Bacopa Monnien. It was free so I got the 2limit. Java moss , mayaca fluviatilis, needle plant. I got the needle plant last time so I dechided to get more because I can split it up and add it to more places. I hope it does good. Who鈥檚 the eBay seller again? I wouldn鈥檛 mind checking them out.

Registered
Blue
Congrats on all the new plants! Make sure to take a picture and post it with the addition. 馃槉 I can鈥檛 wait to see it

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok so here are the tanks I added plants to. I鈥檓 such a big chicken and new to plants that Im afraid to actually redo them so I just add more. So they are a big mess and not so nice as everyone else鈥檚. First is my girls tank add more where these ones were that I was trying out and died. Had to fill in the holes. I still have more but my plant weights didn鈥檛 get here when the plants did. Second is poor Clark鈥檚 he is afraid of his shadow so I add to him slowly. And just took out the last fake plant. And last is my big tank. 3 fakes still and will be staying hubby likes the one big leaf one and my daughter likes the 2 pink and purple ones. Since I can鈥檛 grow any color live plants her will stay also. Had to split some of the lilies up because the girls had no air room at top and added a section to this tank. We shall see if they live. Their roots were so long.

Attachments

Registered
Blue
馃槏馃槏馃槏馃槏馃槏 btw I have the same heart decoration haha I can鈥檛 wait to add more plants to Blue鈥檚 tank. If I have time today I found this one store about an hour away from here that is known for their aquarium plants so we will see. If everything goes well I鈥檒l be bringing home some new plant buddies for Blue! I鈥檒l try not to be that one person that goes in for a one thing and comes out with 3 bags. 馃槀 hahaha

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
馃槏馃槏馃槏馃槏馃槏 btw I have the same heart decoration haha I can鈥檛 wait to add more plants to Blue鈥檚 tank. If I have time today I found this one store about an hour away from here that is known for their aquarium plants so we will see. If everything goes well I鈥檒l be bringing home some new plant buddies for Blue! I鈥檒l try not to be that one person that goes in for a one thing and comes out with 3 bags. 馃槀 hahaha
What鈥檚 wrong with that person?( me)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Registered
Ok so here are the tanks I added plants to. I鈥檓 such a big chicken and new to plants that Im afraid to actually redo them so I just add more. So they are a big mess and not so nice as everyone else鈥檚. First is my girls tank add more where these ones were that I was trying out and died. Had to fill in the holes. I still have more but my plant weights didn鈥檛 get here when the plants did. Second is poor Clark鈥檚 he is afraid of his shadow so I add to him slowly. And just took out the last fake plant. And last is my big tank. 3 fakes still and will be staying hubby likes the one big leaf one and my daughter likes the 2 pink and purple ones. Since I can鈥檛 grow any color live plants her will stay also. Had to split some of the lilies up because the girls had no air room at top and added a section to this tank. We shall see if they live. Their roots were so long.
Love the tanks, especially the last one! Sweet!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts