Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work at a pet store and when walking by the bettas everyday it's hard not to pick one up every now and again. This is my newest guy Roofio. He has some curled fins but hopefully spending time in good quality water will fix that. He is in my QT since I just got him last night but in a eek or two h will be moving into my new petco bookshelf.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Very nice!

His lips make me think of a grouper, haha.

I know what you mean though...I work at PetSmart and most days I'm in pet care now and hanging out and messing with the fish (easier to see anyone who may need help when standing in aquatics). Naturally I look at the Bettas a fair bit as well and it can be hard to resist for sure...

ETA: He looks healthy to me.

·
Registered
420 Posts
He looks fine to me. What kind of tank is he in? I've never seen one with a section in the middle for gravel like that.

He is a neat color, is he a marble?

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
It looks like one of the little Marina tanks.

Unless you have other critters living in the bookshelf, why not quarantine him in there? :)

He's a cutie!

·
Registered
562 Posts
He's very pretty.

I can imagine how hard it would be to work in a pet store and not take something home with you. I'd probably end up with a bunch of bettas and and a few female rats. My self-control would be gone.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's the marina betta tank kit. It is kinda small so I just use it for a quarantine tank. You can get it in lots of different designs.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@ Bombalurina

I just ordered my bookshelf and I want to try and cycle it before I put him in it. You can cycle them right? Plus I like to keep a really close eye on them when I first get them to make sure that they are good and healthy. All the bettas I have had in the past have always hid from me when I first bring them home.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not the greatest at classifying bettas but I believe he is a CT marble or maybe some kind of mix

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
He looks fine! And yep he's a marble.
However I highly doubt those curls will ever straighten out.. it's a crowntail thing, once curled they always shall be. Hope you don't mind! :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The part that has me worried are the first two spikes of his dorsal fin. They are missing and the edges look white. Should I be concerned?

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
No.. White is usually a sign of fins growing, so that's a good thing.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
wow he is really pretty!

·
Registered
980 Posts
He's got some great colors in him. Very pretty. I love how his fins fade out to pink.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts