Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there was any one here who could possibly tell how much a yellow betta fish is worth. I'm currently searching for either a male or a pair online right now and want to know how much I should be willing to pay for them.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
I think it depends on tail types. :) Veil tails will be cheaper.
I know halfmoon and plakat males are usually about $20 on aquabid, and most breeders are willing to throw in a matching female for a bit more...

If you are looking for breeding quality fish, it depends more on if you want something "show quality" or are fine with pet quality.
There is a huge range in prices (from $5 to $200 in some cases) and colour is rarely a factor in price. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm just looking more for pet quality. Right now I'm eyeing a HMPK halfmoon plaka pair that I found online. I even started bidding but it's gotten a tad bit high and I stopped to first find out if the price was actually reasonable.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
If someone wants it bad enough, they will bid pretty high.
They aren't too rare online, so just wait for the right one to come along. :)
If you see a lone male, just ask the seller to throw in a matching female for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.