Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I just had a quick question. As you can see in the title, I have colored LED light strips in my room. The same room where I keep my betta. I decided to move the LED light strip because I didn’t like the way it looked. I now have it on the wall directly behind my betta’s tank. Would this stress him out at all? I always leave the light strip on one solid color (no fading in and out of other colors). Also, his tank lights are on and set to white.
Please let me know your thoughts.
Thank you!

·
RusselltheShihTzu
21,012 Posts
Shouldn't bother him. At least other lights left on outside the tank (including colored LED) have never bothered mine. What's important is that tank lights aren't left on more than eight hours or so and disrupt day/night cycle.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Hi
If this were me I'd put something between the lights and his tank to shade him, or at the very least ensure that he has smooth decor (no jagged areas) and/or thick plants that provide him shade. If you don't have live plants you don't need the tank light either :)

·
RusselltheShihTzu
21,012 Posts
You might find this interesting Is It Bad to Leave The Fish Tank Light On? (Important to know) -

Everything I read indicated basically the same thing; the link above is just as an example. I also discovered I don't know a heck of a lot about the "whys" of aquarium lighting. Everything I read said that freshwater fish need some time with overhead light and often room light (unless in or near a window) is not really enough. I didn't know that.

Everything I read that mentioned colored light said blue does not influence the day/night cycle: Nocturnal fish become active under blue light and diurnal fish will rest. So you might consider leaving only the blue lights on at night.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts