I plan to add in:
  • Elodea
  • Gravel or Sand
  • A sponge filter
  • Driftwood (Almost the tank size)
  • Anubias Plant
  • Maybe another fish or snail
  • Mystery snail prehaps
I also need to find a way to keep dust out of my tank. Like, is their other kritter keeper lids i can find that do not have slots. I have the heater currently running. And my silk plants are falling apart. I see a silk thread in the tank. is that harmful to the betta? And is their a way for the aqueon betta heater to stay on? It is stubborn.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am DEFINITELY not qualified to answer all these questions but I have advice on the silk. I would consider this a hazard because he/she could eat the lose threads and stuff. Almost everything store bought these days are processed through chemicals, machines, etc. Also, it's silk. That can clog the digestive system of anything BAD! I also believe a snail in any tank is a great idea!

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
Op, i'm so sorry no one answered this.

Yes, everything you listed sounds like a good upgrade except the snail and fish. This is only because I do not know what size your tank is, if they tank is cycled, and what type of fish or snail you want to add.

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
A medium kritter keeper is 1.5 gallons. I have one. You cannot add anything else to that besides a betta.

If you wanted to get a snail then please get at least a 2.5-3 gallon tank but a 5 would be better.

Also mystery snails get to the size of a golf ball so they are not a good choice for small tanks in general. A better choice is a nerite snail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts