Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have my breeders on their way I got to thinking about when I get ready to jar the males. I eventually want a barracks system but until then I thought about getting a wide shallow plastic box like an under the bed storage box fill it up halfway with water and sitting my 1/2 gallon jars in that. I would put a heater and a power head in so the water could circulate and be a even temperature throughout.

This thing:http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay...gId=10051&cmRelshp=req&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1

Holding something like this:http://www.containerandpackaging.com/item/G007

·
Registered
639 Posts
Yes, that would work. Even some air stones could work to improve circulation.

Jeff.:)

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Yep.

@Jeff, excellent idea! Never thought of that actually. I was trying to figure out how to do filters but that actually works better.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh airstones...brilliant idea. Much easier and cheaper than a power head...though I do have a power head handy.

I'm going to give this a trail run when my breeders come in and they are all in QT together. That'll keep me from having to buy a bunch of little heaters.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Do you have a room for your fish? I just use a space heater in my fish room.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK. So here's my set up. I got one of the smaller shallow(under bed) type boxes. The 4 green cubes are the one gallon containers(PBA FREE) with the QT water. There is an old powerhead and a heater in the center. I can easily fit one more 1 gallon cube. I haven't put the thermometer in yet and the containers have lids(with air holes).
I am going out tonight to pick up a GFCI extension cord for this set up.
The storage box happens to be 10gallons so it can double as a spawning tank once QT for the adults is over.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts