Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who has some males bettas he bought a divider that is like a plastic mesh type material but is see through. His two males live peacefully next to one another. They flare sometimes but other than that nothing else. I informed him even if they arent ramming the divider, as i heard they might, it still may stress them out. Is this correct or will it continue to be fine for them?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've heard that they can get used to each other from across the divider. As long as they have plenty of places to hide in case they get too stressed it should be fine! Some plants along the divider to block the view of each other would be even better.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks ncinchis i will inform of getting some plants to place along it he has a 5 gallon tank with a hiding place on each side and few plants but they are short plants maybe 6'' tall at best. I will also tell him to check for stress marks on the bettas and make sure they aren't unhealthy. I would hate for him to lose his fish due to a little divider. I only known those dividers to be used for breeding purposes when trying to get you male and female to adjust to one another before allowing them to make contact. Thank you again for your advice, much appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts